Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

12 weeks too late to start Babywise?

Anyone try using babywise late?

Re: 12 weeks too late to start Babywise?

• Options
    If not, what sleep training schedule do y'all recommend for a 12 week old?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the links! The problem for us is, if we let him sleep when he wants (during the day) he would never sleep. He's a fighter!
  • Options
    I absolutely do NOT keep him awake during the day. Most of my day is spent trying to get him down for naps, whether it be driving him around, taking him on walks, patting him, etc. But like I said, the boy is a fighter! :)
  • Options
    In addition to @MosyMama's book recommendation by Elizabeth Pantley you might also try 'Good Night Sleep Tight' by Kim West. Both good reads & use non tear-based methods :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My mom gave me Babywise when I was pregnant but I didn't get around to reading it until baby was about 3 weeks old. In my experience, the book was right on when it says if you get baby on a feeding schedule the sleep schedule will follow. At 6 weeks old my LO was eating every 3 hours and sleeping 7 hours a night. Now at 5 months she eats every 4 hours and sleeps almost 9 hours, eats, and back to sleep for 3 more hours. My friend's baby, who is 3 weeks older, is still eating every 2-3 hours and waking up 3 times in the night to eat as a 6 month old. I understand that each kid is different but I have had no trouble with LO being hungry between feedings or going to sleep at bed time. Just like older kids, a routine helps them and you. It might take a week or two to get into the new schedule but it will definitely be worth it. I have an awesome job (not a daycare) that allows me to bring baby with me so having her on a schedule that's integrated into my work duties allows both of us to get what we need from our day.  Oh, and when I say schedule, I don't mean baby gets fed at a certain time and only that time. If she's hungry feed her. It's just nice to have a general idea of when baby will be hungry/tired so you can be prepared and plan your day.
  • Options
    I forgot... LO takes 2 naps during the day too, about 90 minutes each.
  • Options
    I've done babywise since the day Ds was born. No where in the book does it say not to feed your child! I don't understand why it gets a bad rap .Concentrating on getting full feedings each feed is key. I would start sooner rather than later. Babywise has helped me read and understand my baby. I would've been lost without it. We do NOT CIO. The baby whisperer also follows the same principles and goes into more detail.
  • Options
    Everything @DebateThis said, times 1000.

And I don't get this business about focusing on full feedings. Sometimes DS is hungrier than others. At times he'll want only 2 oz and at others he'll want 7. I can't force milk on him he doesn't want and could possibly make him uncomfortable. I snack; why shouldn't he?
  • Options
    Thank you shannoncorrin! Each baby is different, we all love our babies and want the best for them and I know TONS of moms that's used Babywise AND cry it out and they love their babies too.

Let's quit the bashing and eliminate this mom judging other mom's business!
  • Options
    Agreed
  • Options
    I never let my baby cry it out so don't judge me. He is loved and he knows it. When he is hungry I feed him. Give me a break. As I said, I'm highly intelligent, I have common sense and I love my little guy. There is NOTHING wrong with a routine. Most people thrive on routine. End of story.
  • Options
    I have no idea why I feel the need to defend myself against a few internet loons. I guess it's because I was accused of being a "sick mom". I take that a little personally especially because all I was doing was sharing my experience with a topic that the OP asked about.

But about the full feedings: my LO was a very sleepy newborn and I made a big effort to keep him awake so he would take a full feeding. This way he could rest and not wake up an hour later screaming out of hunger. How is this bad? IT IS NOT. Btw he EBF so he tells me when he is full.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"