Babies on the Brain
Options

Issues after stopping B/C

Hello,
This is my first post!
DH and I have decided to start trying for a baby. Anyways, So I stopped my B/C and the end of the pack on Sunday, I've been on B/C pills for a few years. So All week I have been super hormonal, crying for no reason, freaking out, forgetting things, just all around super hormonal. I was curious if this has happened to anyone? and does anyone know how to deal with it, or make it go away all the way?

Thanks!
 Me (28), H (30)
Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

Re: Issues after stopping B/C

• Options
    Normal. Like PP said your body is adjusting to not being controlled by the hormones in the BCP. I had much worse PMS and cramps the first cycle after BCP, but things eventually settled down as my body regulated.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Options
    Yikes!  Sorry you are experiencing this! :-( Hopefully things will even out once your body gets use to being off the pill.  I'm due to be done with my last pack next week.  We will be TTC starting in April.  This is making me nervous :-/
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ardmhs83, are you guys waiting to start trying In April so you can figure out your cycle?
     Me (28), H (30)

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    LunaGirl28LunaGirl28 member
    edited January 2014
    I went off of BC in September (after being on it for 9 years) and I'm still experiencing this. Aside from being really moody, my new "normal" cycle is 38-40 days, and it's still wonky. This month I'm at 45 days with no sign of it coming... it's so frustrating. Just hang in there and know that it could take awhile. I wish someone had warned me of all of this BEFORE I went on it!
  • Options
    sheshae said:
    Ardmhs83, are you guys waiting to start trying In April so you can figure out your cycle?
    Yes.  I've always been very irregular and have been back on the pill for 2 years now.  I want to get off for a few months before to start charting and figuring out my body.  
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    Mood swings are totally normal coming off the pill. So is acne, weight fluctuation, nausea, dizziness, fatique, sore boobs, and practically any symptom that can also go for pregnancy and pms. Everyone is different and it can take up to 6 months for hormones to regulate. 

I was on the pill for 5 years (ortho tricyclen) and came off it 5 months ago. I feel so much better now and am kicking myself for staying on for so long. I had a bit of acne the first cycle but that cleared right up and I lost 5 lbs of bloat/water weight which was great. Cycles went back to normal immediately with ovulation right on schedule for me too... but everyone is different. Just give it time. 
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    Mood swings are totally normal coming off the pill. So is acne, weight fluctuation, nausea, dizziness, fatique, sore boobs, and practically any symptom that can also go for pregnancy and pms. Everyone is different and it can take up to 6 months for hormones to regulate. 

I was on the pill for 5 years (ortho tricyclen) and came off it 5 months ago. I feel so much better now and am kicking myself for staying on for so long. I had a bit of acne the first cycle but that cleared right up and I lost 5 lbs of bloat/water weight which was great. Cycles went back to normal immediately with ovulation right on schedule for me too... but everyone is different. Just give it time. 
    I wish the damn acne would clear up for me. Sucks.
    Yeah, I struggled with my skin my whole life (super oily & sensitive) and the only thing that has worked really well for me is the acne.org regimen by Daniel Kern. https://store.acne.org/ 

When I was on bcp I was really lazy about not following the regimen perfectly because my skin was very good. The first month off bcp was a wake up call but as soon as I established a routine again it worked out. 

I'm going to sound like an infomercial but it is incredible and the bottles are huge which makes it cheap compared to anything else.  Benzoyl peroxide bleaches stuff but that is the only down fall so you have to be careful. My ob said it all looks safe for pregnancy, too but I'm going to look more into it. Just a tip that could hopefully help!
  • Options
    I am in the same boat! It's a love hate! I love not having my period but how the heck am I gonna keep track of pregnancy and what not lol. (Decided to go the basal thermometer route) *sigh*
  • Options
    The only one of those things that rings a bell is forgetfulness! I swear I was losing my mind the first month of BC...who knows if it was actually related to the BC but I would do weird things, like putting the breadcrumbs in the freezer or deli meat in the drawer. It seems to have worked itself and my brain is normal again, haha. Good luck to you!
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Yep. Its getting better. It's been about a week now, no crazy moods swings, just random grumpiness, but DH helps me cope. 
     Me (28), H (30)

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    How long after you are off the pill are you planning on starting ttc? I want to wait a few months myself so that things are relatively back to natural. Are we supposed to wait or is it ok to get preggo first round after going off bc pill?
  • Options

How long after you are off the pill are you planning on starting ttc? I want to wait a few months myself so that things are relatively back to natural. Are we supposed to wait or is it ok to get preggo first round after going off bc pill?

You can TTC as soon as you get off the pill if you'd like.
  • Options
    We're already trying, and I haven't been off the pill long. I've only had one non bc period, I don't really expect to get pregnant right away, since I've read it could take 6 months to a year.
     Me (28), H (30)

Baby #2 Due December 4

• Options
    @nicb13 - thanks for the tip. I asked my ob about the 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and she said 2.5 is fine because the traces that absorb into the skin are so minute. She said no retinoids or AHA. I will have to look more into this... probably safer just to not use any chemicals and just have a few bumps for the sake of baby! 

Just putting this out there for anyone else who might be using products on their face - best to ask your Dr. and do some research since anything applied to the skin can make it's way to the blood stream. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"