June 2013 Moms

Valentine's Day - What are you getting your SO?

Anyone have any brilliant ideas for Valentine's Day presents? I'm at a complete loss this year.

Re: Valentine's Day - What are you getting your SO?

• Ouch. So sorry to hear that.

• Loading the player...
  • He wants some video game but I don't know if we'll actually exchange gifts. We celebrate valentines day and our anniversary at the same time.
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's kind of hard for me to get behind such a cheesy holiday just so Hallmark can make a lot of money but I feel like I need to do something since life has become so hectic since the baby. I just ordered him a Foo Fighters shirt off of Amazon so that may have to suffice alone with some Reese's cups or peanut M&Ms. I'm so romantic ::eyeroll::

• That's a good idea. I might see if I can sneak a really good picture of her and her big brother and give it to him for his office at work.

• CTGirl30 said:
    Nothing - we just stay home & have dinner and wine once the kids are in bed :-) Well, maybe I'll give it up that night ;-) It's been awhile, lol.

This exactly.

• Nothing. 

We don't have money to spend and I think Valentine's Day is more for people who are dating. I probably won't even remember on the day since I'm usually trapped in the house and every day just melds together. 
  • I bought him a nice vintage leather/canvas duffle bag for when E gets old enough that we can take romantic weekend getaways. I'm also really, really good at writing love letters. *toots horn*
    Anniversary       

• I'll just make him a cheesy card and he might get extra love that night ;)

imageimageimage

• I think I am going to start the 30 day challenge as well. Well at least present it to him on Valentines Day. Other than that I will probably just arrange my parents to babysit so we can watch a movie and maybe go to dinner. We do not do date night very often so that will be more than enough as a gift to ourselves.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We go to dinner at the same place each year. A tradition started while we were dating. We don't do gifts. But he always gets some that night. Woot woot exciting Valentine's Day.
  • Nada.  And from him I want sleep. Sweet sweet sleep.
  • WasNotWas said:

We always do super cheesy puns all day. Like I will put a note on the oj "orange you glad I love you". We basically challenge each other to be the most cheesy

You guys are so cute and fun. I need to make an effort to bring the fun back into my marriage. Challenge accepted! Now where to start... Lol.

• On our very first valentines day, he gave me a business card holder. We haven't exchanged gifts since. #-o

Wow. Now THAT'S romantic.
  • Love some of these ideas.

• tubamom2 said:
    We're video game nerds and we love desk toys for work, so I got DH this set for Valentine's Day. lol

That's actually pretty fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"