June 2013 Moms
Options

how did you introduce your lovie to your LO?

The wubbanub post got me curious, since lovies seem to be helping some sleep issues. Did you just wear it in your shirt for a while to make it smell like you? And do you only give it to them in the crib/for sleep? I have a teddy that we keep in the car for him to play with that might be perfect, but I don't want to confuse intentions (playing versus sleeping) or is that just over thinking things?
BabyFetus Ticker
DS born 6/2013

Re: how did you introduce your lovie to your LO?

• Options
    MJ loves his monkey lovie anytime of day or night! He's a snuggler so he just likes having something to hold. It has made him giggle since about 3 months and he always liked holding it since then. I've only started putting it in the crib within the last month or so.
  • Options
    She kind of just attaches herself to different things. Lily is a cuddler and wants something to cuddle. She likes anything soft as well. I just give her something and let her keep it with her during calm times if she initially likes it. I am trying to keep her from getting attached to any one specific thing for fear of losing the thing of comfort. I'm trying to get her to find general comfort in any blanket or stuffed animal.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

LO has a doll. We keep it in his crib at all times. When it is time for either a nap or to sleep we always rattle it (it has a little bell inside it) and then lay the doll iside the crib with the face looking at LO. He will generally play and jingle the doll for a few minutes and then fall asleep

I slept with it for weeks when I was pg, but since then it has been washed so many times I am sure it doens't smeel like me anymore and he still loves it.

• Options
    L fell in love with his winter hat. I really have no idea why but he seriously sleeps with it, it no longer leaves the house or the crib for that matter because I don't want to face a night without it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"