Baby Showers
Options

Friend's baby shower- asking for baby bottles?

Hi, I'm new to the forums.  I don't have any children of my own and I'm looking to get baby bottles for my friend's upcoming birth of her little baby girl (3 weeks left!!).  My best friend's little sister is also having a boy in May and I know she'll need bottles too.  I am clueless and I'm hoping you can give me some suggestions.  Most of my friends don't have kids so no help there either.  I'm completely overwhelmed by the bottles out there.

I did look at the Playtex Drops In system with the liners, which had a ton of great reviews.  Any experience with these?

Any other suggestions?  What you like/d?  What you don't/didn't like?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Re: Friend's baby shower- asking for baby bottles?

• Options
    For starters have you checked to see if she registered anywhere? I would be hesitant to get bottles as we had to try several with our first before we found one that worked for for him (avent). We used the Playtex drop ins for awhile, but the liners get pretty pricey over time. My go to gift is a sleep sheep from Target and size two diapers.
  • Options
    Agreed with PPs- check their registries first.  Many new moms do a lot of research on all things baby gear before registering and will have a preference on something like this.  Or, you may find that they plan to BF and don't need/want bottles at all.  

If that doesn't help, Dr. Brown's is a safe bet because they are highly rated and well known.  Give a gift receipt with them because many babies are picky and may go through different types before finding what they like.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with PP's - go with the registry. If there isn't one, many bottle companies make packages that come with assorted sizes and flows. (I think Avent looked good when I did my registry). If you can't find an assortment you like, put together your own with some smaller bottles, larger bottles, small nipples, large nipples, and nipples that have varying degrees of flow (fast vs slow). be sure to include a gift receipt in case she already has bottles or plans on breastfeeding and doesn't need them.

good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Ditto checking the registries. We liked Tommee Tippee, though.
  • Options
    I would stay away from bottles unless you know she isn't exclusively breastfeeding.
  • Options
    As someone who EBF'd when we introduced the bottle for when I was at work, we went through every brand of bottles. I had medela that went with my pump, then we tried Dr Bowns because they are supposed to be good, then advent, tommee tippee, some brand that was supposed to look and feel like a boob and nothing worked. Finally drop ins were the brand that worked for us because we literally had to squeeze and squirt the milk into DD's mouth. Moral of my story is, I wouldn't invest in two many of one type of bottles until the baby is here and you know he/she likes them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"