C-sections
Options

Heavy bleeding 10 days post Section

I had some vaginal bleeding immediately following the section (10 days ago) that quickly subsided and for the past three days I haven't needed even a panty liner... That is until today. Out of nowhere I experienced significant vaginal bleeding. I called my doc and am awaiting her call. I've heard this is normal but am curious to hear more about your experiences. Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Heavy bleeding 10 days post Section

• Options
    My pp bleeding fluctuated a lot.  Some days I could get away with a liner, and some days I was going through several maxi pads.  As far as I know, that is normal. 
  • Options
    Calling the doctor is the best thing you can do. If you are having no abnormal pain and no other complications such as swelling or oozing, then I'm sure there's nothing to worry about and your doctor will confirm that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pp bleeding fluctuated a lot.  Some days I could get away with a liner, and some days I was going through several maxi pads.  As far as I know, that is normal. 
    This. Also, a sudden increase typically means you are overdoing it (even if you don't think you are!).  Rest and take your ibuprofen around the clock.  I bled on and off for 7 full weeks after my second c/s.  First was more like 4 weeks.  It takes a while.

• Options
    This. Also, a sudden increase typically means you are overdoing it (even if you don't think you are!).  Rest and take your ibuprofen around the clock.  I bled on and off for 7 full weeks after my second c/s.  First was more like 4 weeks.  It takes a while.
    All this. I bled for 6 weeks after mine. & yes the sudden increase was on days we went out & I walked a lot. Also if you are breast feeding. Contractions of the uterus can cause a little more too. 

No worries mama!
  • Options
    The more activity you do the more you will bleed in the beginning. It is kinda like your body telling you to take it easy.

• Options
    I bled for four weeks, super heavy.  I was told that normal was to bleed for six weeks, so I figured I got off easy!  I never "took it easy" and I'm fine.
  • Options
    Well it turns out I had retained tissue in my uterus. I was given a prescription to stimulate contractions so that I could expel the tissue and blood. It was a painful and nasty couple of days but the worst is behind me. I also realize that the retained tissue had impacted my milk supply. Once the tissue issue (ha ha) was resolved, my son started gaining weight like crazy. Thanks for your input along the way!

• Options
    I didn't know I "should have" been bleeding more than I was right after mine, thought I was getting off easy. 9 days later I'm standing in my kitchen and about a gallon of blood came gushing out of me onto the floor. I thought I was going to die! After rushing to the ER, my doctor just happened to be there, thank God, told me I had a clot blocking the blood flow and it all came out at once. Bled a little heavy the next few weeks and them stopped. So scary!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"