1st Trimester
Options

eating everything

I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my first child, so of course I'm new to all of this. Is it bad or normal to eat a lot? I have cravings for sweet and salty stuff (more than usual). I still do eat fruits, and drink water as well.

Answers

• Options

Congratulations, Kaitlyn!

I am also 5 weeks with my first. I have noticed I have been having a larger appetite (the other night I ate 5 tacos instead of my usual 3, for example) but I did read somewhere on here that really we should only intake 300 extra calories a day from our normal routine.

Hope that helps!

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Every pregnancy is different. That is normal! Be sure you are eating healthy foods that are satisfying your craving :-)
    Hannah

Nov'12- Started TTC
    Sept-Dec'13- HSG, 2 IUI's, DX PCOS
    Jan '14- IUI#2=BFP!!
    Mar '14- M/C @ 8w2d when I should've been 9 weeks. D & C 3/7/14
    May'14- Started Pregnitude
    June'14- BFP! (Naturally!!) Beta #1 (4w2d)=78, Beta #2 (4w4d)=219, Beta #3 (5w0d)=785

BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have been wanting to eat everything that isn't nailed down.I'm 5 weeks also!
    TTC since 5/13
    BFP 1/23 
    MMC 3/4
    D&C-3/12 
    Currently NTNP
  • Options
    I am always hungry, and always tired. So I've been eating more and working out less :( and a salad is the last thing I want on my plate. I'm trying not to repeat last pregnancy (55 lbs gained).
  • Options
    In your first tri your diet does not need to change from the norm or you can add an extra 150 calories a day try not to ingest more than needed so eat more filling foods. Almonds or granola as a snack and break down meals so you are essentially grazing throughout the day(no large lunches and dinners). In your second and third trimesters you will need an extra 300 calories a day(9 weeks is when baby begins rapidly gaining weight).
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"