Adoption

Agency Response Time (poll)

sgb721sgb721 member
edited January 2014 in Adoption
I am curious what others feel is an appropriate response time from your agency or social worker concerning a profile question.

Thanks!
TTC since June 2010
5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)

Agency Response Time 28 votes

24 hours
32% 9 votes
48 hours
53% 15 votes
72 hours
3% 1 vote
Special Snow Flake *please explain*
10% 3 votes

Re: Agency Response Time (poll)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks Marshmellow!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Loading the player...
  • It's 2014. There is absolutely no reason on earth beyond an agency being EXCEPTIONALLY understaffed to not respond via phone or email within 24 hours. Additionally, if you are working with an agency- like mine- 3 offices in 3 states with a staff of close to 80 people total- then someone had better be getting back to me within 7 hours of my call. I'd make allowances for foster cage agencies- but private adoption agencies? 24 hours.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Private Agency- Our main contact person left Thursday evening. The Agency hasn't sent out any info about who to contact in the mean time, etc. I e-mailed them yesterday asking who we should contact and a question about our profile. No response yet. I get that they are prob. shifting things around and reassigning things, but I would have hoped the case manager would have responded.
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Whenever I contact our agency, I get a response, at the absolute latest, by the end of the day.  (I'm doing international adoption, not sure if that matters.)  Often they respond within the hour.  It doesn't matter if it's just me checking in to see where our paperwork is or if I've been actively working with someone on getting through the next stage in the process, I always get a timely response.
    Son #1 - September '09
    Son #2 - October '11
    Son #3 - Hoping to adopt from China some time in 2014!

Our adoption journey: Talkin' 'Bout the Next Generation
  • It's been 7 days since I sent an email and haven't gotten a response back yet.  This is a little unusual and they may just not have the answer to my question yet.  
    Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • sgb721sgb721 member
    edited January 2014
    MikeHighMaam - wow!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • I would never have waited that long to get a response without resending the e-mail and possibly coping others at the agency. Not because I think that's the appropriate thing to do, but because I'm far too impatient for that nonsense, especially when I'm posting a lot of money for a service.
  • Our agency's office was staffed by 1-2 people max at the time. I understood if it took 24-48 hours for a response
  • Shortly after I posted I got a response :)   It wasn't really a burning question so I didn't feel the need to hound them.   The question was about when the next round of training will start, we missed the January start due to business travel on my end, and I have been eager to know when the next classes are.   I just got an email saying they are offering 2 options in March and they are consolidating it into 3 weeks which makes my life so much easier. 
    Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • I emailed with the same question...I got a response if you want me to forward it to you! It actually didn't take them that long at all.

After 1 IUI, 3 IVF's with CGH/CCS testing, 10 early miscarriages, and lots of tears and frustration, we are moving on to Domestic Infant Adoption!  We are so excited to see what the future holds.

• Emca- I actually got that e-mail. I had sent a question about our personal profile that I got answered about an hour before the general e-mail. Thanks!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"