3rd Trimester

I feel weird about saying this....

I have a three year old daughter and I'm due in March and lately I've been getting a little sad thinking that these are our last times just the three of us. I feel guilty saying that but it's true. It's been just the three of us for so long that I'm a little sad it's about to end. Obviously I am going to be so unbelievably excited to have the baby here but I can't help thinking that way.... am I alone here? Someone else please chime in so I dont feel so awful :)
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I feel weird about saying this....

• I'm about to give birth to my second and have a 21 month old- the feelings of guilt are strong lately. We wanted our kids close together but lately I've been feeling like DS is going to get jipped. I'm almost in tears every night when I put him to bed thinking that it could be our "last night together" just the two of us. It's very bittersweet because I am excited to meet his sister and give him a buddy. But sharing your time and attention is something that takes getting used to! I'm just trying my best to work through these emotions and remember that everything is as God planned it. Good luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Totally understand! My daughter's 13th bday is on Valentine's Day and trying to keep her little sister from coming early. I am due March 2nd and was told that if I go into labor starting next week they might not stop it. Hoping very much she will wait till after her sister's bday!
    imagePregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I think I cried nearly every night for the last few weeks I was pregnant with ds#2. I felt so bad and had the same feeling that I was "jipping" ds#1. However as soon as #2 came...my oldest was given the best gift in the world- a best friend and playmate for life. It all just fell into place and we couldn't imagine it any other way! Anyways...These feelings are normal and just enjoy the time and moments you have with you do before baby!

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• I feel the same. I have a 22 mo old and I'm getting sad too. Knowing someone else will have to be taken care of first and it will be hard for them to understand. Going to miss us time but will find ways to make special time for ds.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• This is our third and I've been getting anxiety over the same thing.  I dont' remember feeling this way when I was pregnant with our second, but the first couple weeks after he was born were rough for me.  I kept thinking that I had ruined DS #1's life.  Now they are the best of friends most of the time!  I'm still nervous about this one coming, but I know that once we are all adjusted, it will be great.  My boys love babies and seem to be getting more excited and that helps too.  And it makes the one on one time we do still get extra special.  =)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've been married for 12.5 years and am expecting our first.  While I am totally excited to be having a child, I'm also a little sad that we only have a few more weeks of it just being the two of us.  I know it will be a big change for us and our routine will change forever.  I'm very thankful for the time we had together since most of our siblings got pregnant before marriage and didn't have much time to spend together.
  • My LO will be three next month. I personally am not experiencing this due to the fact that I have had an awful pregnancy this time and I'm looking forward to baby being out FINALLY soon. However you are not alone many of my girlfriends have said they went through that before the 2nd or 3rd baby, etc. was born!!!!
  • I felt that way when I was first pregnant with E, and I even had spells where I cried about it. But, let me assure you, if you raise them to love each other, to not hit or bite, and to share, it will all be worth it. My kids are BEST FRIENDS. They play all day long - dolls, superheros, pretend cooking, and just make-believe play. They make up games and play tag. They color pictures and make up stories.

They bicker and are selfish sometimes, but we always reinforce those love and respect lessons. It's just awesome, as a parent, to see the bond between the two little people you love most. Don't worry. Sure, there will be an adjustment period, but someday soon your heart will feel so full and happy.

• Yup! DS will be 5 in March I'm due 3 days after his bday. I don't work on Mondays and this past Monday I was crying over how this is one of our last Mondays just the 2 of us. I've loved my Mondays with just him and I and I'm sad it's coming to an end.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think that's pretty normal!  You can't help but wonder how the family dynamic will change with another kid in the mix.  There will be rough moments but there will be many many more fabulous ones!
  • I am scared of the unknown. As much as I am excited to welcome our baby girl, I am also enjoying these last few weeks with my 5 year old. She is just such a joy to be around and its sad to think that she won't have me all to her self any more. :( 
  • It's funny the way you think about it as a mom having their second.  People always seem to feel badly that their first baby is going to miss out when in reality, they're the only ones who will EVER have had you all to themselves.  Your second is never going to be that first baby and know what?  It'll likely never occur to them :)  Believe me, I had the same feelings before having my second baby 8 months ago but it's like he's always been a part of our family.  There's no indication DS1 even realizes he didn't always have a brother.  I have a brother who is three years younger than I am and I honestly don't remember a time without him.  Your kids will be the same :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• I was so worried about this too when I was expecting #2, and #1 was 25 mos. I thought that there was no way I could live another child as much as I loved her. That was until DS was born. The bond between the two of them is amazing. DD could elicit a smile from him at one month. He is so lonely when she is not around. I can't imagine life without both of them, and I'm sure DD feels the same way about her brother.
  • Honestly try to think more positive. How is giving your 1st child a sibling to grow up with, "jipping" them? Granted they won't be getting 100% of the attention anymore, but if anything its the 2nd+ children who are getting jipped. They will never know what's it's like to be mommy and daddy's one and only child! They'll never know what it's like not to have to share time with the parents. They're always the one that get the hand me downs, they're the ones who have an older siblings reputation to live up to (assuming it's a good one). So on and so on. At the end of the day, no one is getting jipped. You are all getting another person to love and be loved by. That sounds like an all around win to me!
  • You will love both children sooo much, but you will love the love they have for one another so much more than anyone can explain.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 32 weeks pregnant with my third and those feelings are returning too. I definitely felt sad and guilty befor DD was born and now I feel that way again. Like I'm ruining the perfect little family we have or it's going to take attention away from the existing child/children. And of course it does take attention from them but it's also the greatest gift you can give! My kids adore each other. Yes, they fight, but DS is fiercely protective of her too and loves playing with her. We go to play places and he tells me he doesn't want to play with any other boys or girls, just his sister. And he'll get sad at preschool when she can't stay too. It's teaching him great things. How to play, how to what how to communicate, how to survive without my attention all the time. And it's so much easier on me that they entertain each other. S it's natural to have those guilt feelings but it's so amazing when they play and interact and have each other.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone for all the posts, I'm glad I'm not alone feeling this way! I know giving my daughter a sibling will be amazing! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Your not alone. I have a 3 year old DD and enjoy all we do just the two of us and worry how she is going to be when DS arrives.

I am sure it will be an adjustment but just make it more fun in the long run.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary
  • I completely understand how you feel my girl is 3 y/o. She had been ripped off of time with me since I worked 2 jobs, t hat I now know was pointless. I'm home now more often& we are expecting her brother in April. The other day during an appointmentshe broke down& said the baby is going to take mommy away again. The next day I took her to the store just her & I she said I'm her best friend but brother was ready to play with her already....I don't know which one to worry about, she is sooooooo smart but very emotional when it comes to me. Her dad is around more since I work but he assures me everything will be fine. Do keep your head up its just a reaction to the situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"