Stay at Home Moms
Options

blanket WWYD

I have a life altering wwyd question.  Each girl has been given a beautiful white blanket from pottery barn with their name and baptism/birthdate embroidered on it.  I have no idea what to do with these so they have been sitting in the closet unused.  What would you use them for?  Would you put them on their beds?  Some other creative idea?  Leave them in the closet?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: blanket WWYD

• Options
    I would get them preserved and leave them in the closet until the girls are old enough to properly take care of and appreciate their blankets.
  • Options
    DH's aunt made us a blanket with DD's birthday, name, and birth weight on it... I just let her use it. We switch out the blankets that are in her bed a lot, and that one's just in the circulation. I'm not really a sentimental person, and I'm not into just keeping it folded away... to me, blankets are for using. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would take several pretty pictures with them fresh and new, then let the kids use them. I'm not big on storing stuff for keepsake though. If you already have special outfits and other memorabilia set aside, maybe just add the blankets.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

C  7.16.2008 | L  11.12.2010 | A  3.18.2013

• Options
    Use them. My Grandma makes blankets for everyone and she always says USE them because that's what she made then for.
  • Options
    If you don't want to use them, you could have them shadowboxed and display them.

• Options
    Hav=Fath said:
    Are they bed size blankets? Or baby size blankets?
    They are baby sized.
      Since they are smaller I had thought about folding them at the ends of the beds as sort of a marker of whose bed is whose.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I say use them. But if you're opposed to that, you could get a nice simple curtain rod and hang them in the girls' rooms as decoration. I did that with a quilt that my mom handmade for DS2.  I like to use most handmade gifts but I already had SO many baby blankets....piles and piles of them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would likely let them go ahead and use a store-bought blanket (even a Pottery Barn one) but we have handmade baby quilts for each child from DH's aunt and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with those so they're all folded in the closet.

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    cjcouple said:
    I would likely let them go ahead and use a store-bought blanket (even a Pottery Barn one) but we have handmade baby quilts for each child from DH's aunt and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with those so they're all folded in the closet.
    I guess I don't see why it can't be used? quilts are typically washable. what us the fabric?
    I'd just feel terrible if they got ruined, since I'm sure a ton of work went into making them.  I don't know, it's kind of a hang up of mine, I guess. 

Grant - 6/2/11

• Options
    Um…they are from Pottery Barn, according to OP. So…not a ton of "work" went into them. Regardless, people give gifts and want them to be used, not shoved in a closet hoping some 20 something wants it in their apartment as a keepsake. USE IT.
    I was responding to CJ's comment about my handmade baby quilts.  I agree, if it was from Pottery Barn, I would use it and not think twice.

Grant - 6/2/11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"