August 2011 Moms
Options

Coming back

Hi ladies! I participated on this board when I was expecting my DD and haven't participated since I had her.  I just had my second a couple of weeks ago and being a part of my newest additions month board has made me come back to this board!

I'll promise to be an active participate and not just reach out when I'm in need of help. 

Quick intro:

H and I have been married for 4.5 years and in August 2011 we introduced or first daughter Alice to the world.  Things have been great with Little Miss and she has been such a joy.  On Jan. 16th, 2014 we happily welcomed our second daughter Holly.  Holly has been such an easy baby compared to Alice.  I was told to keep Alice on her standard routine so H and I decided that we would continue to take Alice to her school/daycare.  Once I start to get more sleep we will keep Alice home with us a couple days a week. 

Anyway - now for my question/help needed: 

Alice has thrown a tantrum every morning this week.  She goes from 0 to 60 over nothing. This morning was going fine until she decided she didn't want the red hair tie, she wanted to wear the purple one.  Instead of asking for the different color she jumped to full on tantrum.  Have any of you ladies experienced this with your children?  I am assuming these unfortunate behavior is because of the new baby.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.   

Re: Coming back

• Options
    Hello there!

We have a lot of freak outs about getting dressed.  I have found that offering DD choices helps to curb a lot of the meltdowns.  I start with offering a choice of two pairs of pants.  Then I grab two shirts that match the chosen pants and let her pick one.  Same deal with her hair clips.  It really works well for us.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Hi!

Agreed that it is the age probably compounded with a new sister. I also find the giving choices and keeping DD involved in the getting ready help. Hope you stick around! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kimbus22 we struggled with names so thank you! We figure some of the tantrums are due to age and some are to get attention.

StellaMakes3 I'll have to work on my conversations with Miss Alice when she is being off the charts.  I'll be happy to have 60% success. :) 

Thanks ladies!

• Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    angiek1 said:
    Kimbus22 we struggled with names so thank you! We figure some of the tantrums are due to age and some are to get attention.

StellaMakes3 I'll have to work on my conversations with Miss Alice when she is being off the charts.  I'll be happy to have 60% success. :) 

Thanks ladies!

I don't blame you.  Girl names are hard!  This baby isn't going to have a name until she's a year old at the rate we're going.
    DH and I actually got our list down to 10 and let our first pick the name. We'd ask her if she liked Name A or Name B better.  She picked Holly every time. So we went with it.  Have you used the site babynamewizard.com? You can see names that go well with your existing kiddo's name, see how popular a name is, and browse names by letter. We used that site to build our baby name list.
  • Options
    Alice sounds like both my girls. Well, my oldest (4) is better at asking for things, but it's still a work in progress. Usually I rephrase their request "Are you saying you want the purple hair tie?" Then when they nod or say yes, I ask them to ask me again, nicely. It works. Sometimes. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Also, @angiek1, completely random, but I think I remember your avatar being something green, like a parrot maybe? 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"