October 2012 Moms

valentines day

Are you sending cards from LO to grandparents, etc.?

I would like to, but my brain is sort of fried on fun ideas. Help?

After 7 years of no ovulation...
BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies

Re: valentines day

• Undecided... if we do I was thinking the exchange cards $0.99 for a box of 24 at Party City, just a little something. 

On the other hand, I don't want to start cards for every little holiday.  V-Day isn't a big deal to us, IMO it's a dumb holiday.  1 day dedicated to showing your love... how about the other 364 days?
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Just a hallmark card to grandparents from the kids.
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I'm focusing more on buying myself conversation hearts.
    Also no I wasn't planning on doing any cards.
  • Since I'm home with her sick today we "colored" on some white computer paper with markers to make a card for each grandparent. She's the first grandkid on both sides so they adore stuff like that. Simple.
  • ChrisG83 said:
    I'm focusing more on buying myself conversation hearts. Also no I wasn't planning on doing any cards.
    I've already bought myself a box of chocolates and chocolate-covered strawberries.  Not for Valentine's Day or anything, just because they were there and delicious-looking.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Conversation hearts have already been devoured at my house. LOL

If all of her great grandparents were on FB or IG I wouldn't worry about it. But they don't own a computer so we play the snail mail game. I need to send them something anyway. Its been a while since they got mail from her.

Oct Angel Babies
  • Okay I just checked Pinterest and I found a couple ideas.
    Send a hug, lay child down in a long piece of paper with their arms out and trace them then roll up the paper. When they unroll the paper it's a hug.

Take a photo of child, cut the photo into a heart shape and paste it to pink or red construction paper also in the shape of a heart.
  • yes I will send the grandparents and great grandparents a card with some pictures in it from Welsey.  He is the first on both sides so they all enjoy getting mail from him.  I'm taking some Valentine's pictures with my friend this weekend so I can get a few cards printed. 

• I'll take a picture of her in her cute v day outfit and email or text it to the grandmas. Maybe post on Facebook. That's about it.
  • I look forward to February 15 every year! Discounted chocolate! YUMMY

• I am gonna print a valentines color page and let alice "color" it. Thats what I decided.

also, roll on 4/15!

Oct Angel Babies
  • I just want to say that conversation hearts are the most chalky disgusting things ever, and I can't believe so many of you ladies are eating them.

For realz. Nasty!
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• I just want to say that conversation hearts are the most chalky disgusting things ever, and I can't believe so many of you ladies are eating them.

For realz. Nasty!

This is just crazy talk.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"