August 2013 Moms

PIP: Fashion advice needed please

rfrazier611rfrazier611 member
edited January 2014 in August 2013 Moms
I'm in a wedding this summer and the dress is tiffany blue.  What color shoes go with it?  Do I have to get tiffany blue shoes and be all matchy matchy?

Edit: Bride has no preference.  Here's a picture.  At least, I think there's a picture.  Sometimes I can see it and sometimes I can't.  Sorry!

Re: PIP: Fashion advice needed please

• Silver? Some sort of metallic? I'm no guru so I might be completely off.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Depending on what accessories you pair with the dress you have a lot of choices. You could do silver, gold, white, brown, or black. Do you have a picture of the dress?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Does the bride have a preference? 

I'd personally go with a metallic- silver or gold.  
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Definitely avoid the matchy shoes if you can. That's a really dated look. I agree that a metallic, evening shoe would look great. I would do a gunmetal/petwer/silver.

However, if you are going to wearing a black belt or something, then I would do black. 

• I immediately thought metallic, likes pp's. What are the other wedding colors? If they are something fun like a coral, pink or yellow that could always be a option as well as long as the bride is ok with it.
  • Thanks!  In my explorations on the interwebz, I've actually seen some coral pumps with tiffany blue dresses.  I think it's adorable, but I dunno if I can pull that off.  What do you guys think of that color combo?
  • Go with silver. You want to blend and not stand out
  • Thanks!  In my explorations on the interwebz, I've actually seen some coral pumps with tiffany blue dresses.  I think it's adorable, but I dunno if I can pull that off.  What do you guys think of that color combo?

You don't need to stand out like that at a wedding, since it's not your day.

Definitely go with silver.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Like a PP mentioned, I actually would go with a cream/off-white unless you know what color jewelry the bride might want you wearing (if she has a preference). I'm thinking about picking these up for a wedding I'm in this spring:

I'll just have to try and keep myself from wearing them everywhere until then.
             image         image

You don't need to stand out like that at a wedding, since it's not your day.

Definitely go with silver.

While cute, I don't think that would look formal enough for a wedding. 

• I would go with silver or nude.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • Speshul said:
    How did you know I was looking at those???  Those will blend in nicely.
  • RedInLoveRedInLove member
    edited January 2014
    Speshul said:
    OMG I have these!

ETA: Sorry for crashing, I seem to have wandered from my BMB and wound up on this one while doing a baby shower outfit search for ideas!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • I would do silver or gold could work too. Depends on the jewelry.

These have blue and coral!!

• You guise, these are better:

I totes vote these.
    :-bd
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • I would do a metallic or a nude shoe. Your shoes don't have to match your accessories. Mixing metallics looks great!
  • You guise, these are better:

I totes vote these.
    :-bd
    Now that's a shoe everyone can agree on!
  • I dunno if this matters, but I'm actually standing on the dude's side (Groomsmaid?).  I love the idea of a black belt and black shoes to Tux-ify my dress.  I will run that idea by the bride.
  • I dunno if this matters, but I'm actually standing on the dude's side (Groomsmaid?).  I love the idea of a black belt and black shoes to Tux-ify my dress.  I will run that idea by the bride.
    I did this. I wore a black dress with wedding color jewelry though. :)

• Speshul said:
    I dunno if this matters, but I'm actually standing on the dude's side (Groomsmaid?).  I love the idea of a black belt and black shoes to Tux-ify my dress.  I will run that idea by the bride.
    I did this. I wore a black dress with wedding color jewelry though. :)
    That sounds awesome!
  • I would go nude shoes with gold accessories.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    this sounds adorable.
  • What is the color scheme? I'd probably do silver or black just to keep it formal looking.  I love the black accessories but I wouldn't do that if it wasn't a part of the theme as it stands out more than silver.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• V&G101808 said:

What is the color scheme? I'd probably do silver or black just to keep it formal looking.  I love the black accessories but I wouldn't do that if it wasn't a part of the theme as it stands out more than silver.

All I have been told so far is blue and sunflowers.
  • Is it a night wedding or day wedding?
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • I would go nude shoes with gold accessories.
    I am samesies about nude shoes.

I really feel like it is the classiest option.

• roxpink said:
    Is it a night wedding or day wedding?
    night wedding
  • edited January 2014
    BellaOso said:

I would go nude shoes with gold accessories.

I am samesies about nude shoes.

I really feel like it is the classiest option.

Exactly. No matter the time of the wedding I would never do black with this colored dress.

Just my opinion though.
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • Nude shoes for sure!
  • I vote nude.
  • Ugh, nevermind.  I guess there is a preference after all.  I was just informed that we'll most likely be wearing yellow sandals.  Yellow.  Sandals.  Good lord.  My mouth is hereby closed, and I will wear them with a smile because it's her day and, by golly, I will do whatever she asks to help make her day exactly what she wants it to be.
  • Ugh, nevermind.  I guess there is a preference after all.  I was just informed that we'll most likely be wearing yellow sandals.  Yellow.  Sandals.  Good lord.  My mouth is hereby closed, and I will wear them with a smile because it's her day and, by golly, I will do whatever she asks to help make her day exactly what she wants it to be.

Yellow.... :|
        DS born 8-16-2013

Yellow.... :|
    I guess that's the sunflower part of the theme. I guess the bride doesn't have a problem with matchy matchy

TTC since July 2011
    HSG normal in May 2012 followed by three unmonitored clomid cycles unsuccessful
    Unexplained female infertility (My husband apparently has super sperm)
    IUI # 1 Nov 24
    BFP Dec 8! EDD Aug 17th, due to Preeclampsia and HELLP, Kylie Penelope was born July 30th!

• Is that David's bridal? I wore that exact color blue in a wedding and I wore silver heels.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"