February 2014 Moms
Options

Anyone have a moby??

The neonatologist at the hospital told me to order one. I did it's complicated but looks like it could be helpful. My LO is what the nicu nurses called a kangaroo baby she loves skin to skin. Did anyone find this thing helpful.

Re: Anyone have a moby??

• Options
    I wear Remy daily but not in a Moby. We really love it.

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    I used one with DS and loved it! Watch the videos, I thought they were helpful. At first I needed DH to help me get it on and get DS in, but after the first few times I easily did it myself. When using it out of the house, I would put it on before we left then just have to put baby in when we got there, which seemed easier to me than trying to deal with all of that fabric in a parking lot!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone. Now if I can find clothes that fit her lol I would be set.
  • Options
    No moby here, because I get confused easily, but I do have a mei tai, which follows the same concept and love it.  Babywearing is awesome.

• Options
    I have one, but haven't used it yet.  There are Youtube tutorials showing how to put it on.
  • Options
    ramfan05 said:
    I used one with DS and loved it! Watch the videos, I thought they were helpful. At first I needed DH to help me get it on and get DS in, but after the first few times I easily did it myself. When using it out of the house, I would put it on before we left then just have to put baby in when we got there, which seemed easier to me than trying to deal with all of that fabric in a parking lot!
    All this.

If took a little practice, but I can now do it in seconds. It was great with DS1, but has proven priceless with DS2 while chasing DS1 :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Both of my kids loved being worn, but they weren't crazy about the moby. I know lots of people who used it all the time.
  • Options
    I bought a baby ktaan and cannot wait to use it! The minimum weight is 8 pounds so we have to bulk LO up first. For now we do skin to skin under a blanket because it is freezing in the northeast.

• Options
    I have one from #1, and loved it. IMO the biggest tip is to tie it tighter than you think you need to because it's stretchy. You want LO to be snug in there, not hanging down.

I found practicing a few times at home helped, videos seemed to make more sense than the instructions.  There's a bit of a learning curve in feeling confident tying it on, but once you get the hang of it it's pretty simple.

Another carrier that is fabric similar to the Moby is the K'tan - but it's sized and comes pre-sewn so you don't have to do wrapping. You may find that more user-friendly.

imageimage
  • Options
    Yep, I used it with DD all the time. She loved it. Don't panic if she fusses when you are first putting her in... After a few minutes she will settle down and doze off.

• Options
    I have one that was given to me by my SIL.  She and my sisters used them constantly.  I can myself using it because I carried my other girls around constantly.  I have not tried to figure it out yet, but I was told YouTube is the best way to learn.
  • Options
    I didn't think I would like it but ended up loving it. I learned how to use it on YouTube, after a few times it wasn't so bad.

• Options
    I'm really looking forward to using mine. I hope this little guy likes to be that close to me constantly :)

• Options
    I registered for 2 Mobys. So I hope to have one to use with baby early on.
    All my GF's who already had babies swear by it!
    image★´¯`•.¸¸.°¤TTCAL/PGAL/PAL Welcome,imageare not¤°.¸¸.•´¯`★image
    imageimageimage

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    נשמה שבאה לעולם למספר חודשים לשהות במעי האם, היא נשמת צדיק גמור שבאה לעולם רק לתקן פגם קטן ולאחר מספר חודשים אלו היא שבה למקומה לגן עדן להתענג על ה'. לעתיד לבוא נשמה זו תוכר באחד מבנייך ובזכות נשמת צדיק זה תזכי להיות במחיצת צדיקים
    TTC Since September 2011
    BFP#1:Dec.1.11 EDD:Aug.09.12 MC:Jan.11.12 (9WK5D)-Natural
    BFP#2:Apr.18.12 EDD:Dec.21.12 MC:May.1.12 (6WK3D)-D&C
    BFP#3:Sep.12.12 - Suspected CP | BFP#4:Dec.1.12 - Suspected CP
    BFP#5: Dec.26.12 EDD:Sep.10.13 MC:Jan.7.13 (4WK6D)-Natural
    BFP#6: Jun.11.13 EDD:Feb.23.13 Beta: #1=8000 #2=24532 US@6wk2d showed 7wk2d size with 143BPM HR * NT US@12wk6d looked good. A/S passed with flying colors and our team color is Blue! *Grow my little Pamplemousse*!!!
    pregnancy

• Options
    The Moby is magic. It's really not bad once you figure out how to wrap it. Get one!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I haven't gotten to use mine with a baby yet but I learned how to use it on YouTube there are so many videos!
  • Options
    I LOVE my stretchy wrap (same as a Moby essentially) for the first 15-20lbs. After that I use a woven wrap, same deal but stronger and won't sag, even when wearing a big babe, and really versatile.
    See if you have a local baby wearing group or class, you can get your wrap checked out, and most do trade in events where you can trade your Moby towards a woven when you're ready:)

I hope you get the hang of it, baby wearing is awesome.
  • Options
    KaraLeigh115KaraLeigh115 member
    edited January 2014
    I got one with DS and loved it. I wasn't able to use it too much but it Is super simple! YouTube will be your best friend for the first couple tried lol
  • Options
    I never used one with DS but my friend said she absolutely loved the moby so I bought one for this LO. I haven't attempted to learn it yet but everyone says once you learn its easy to do!
  • Options
    I used one with my last baby and loved it. She would fall asleep almost as soon as I put her in it. I'm looking forward to using it again with this baby.
  • Options
    ramfan05 said:

I LOVE my stretchy wrap (same as a Moby essentially) for the first 15-20lbs. After that I use a woven wrap, same deal but stronger and won't sag, even when wearing a big babe, and really versatile.
    See if you have a local baby wearing group or class, you can get your wrap checked out, and most do trade in events where you can trade your Moby towards a woven when you're ready:)

I hope you get the hang of it, baby wearing is awesome.

I was also going to suggest finding local babywearing groups! That's what I'm doing for this LO.

For my first 2 I used a K'Tan which was awesome when they were tiny. I think the Moby would be awesome too.

@Stephanie185 which stretchy do you like (instead of Moby)?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
    Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
    Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
    Rae Patricia 4.14.07

• Options
    I am not sure I would have survived colic with dd1 without the Moby. We loved it. It does take a little practice to get the tightness and all correct. I think a lot of people fold the whole thing in half before wrapping but I always preferred the bunched way instead. It was easier and more comfortable to me.

• Options
    We have a LoveyDuds wrap.  It is very similar to a Moby.  LO is not here yet, but we baby wore constantly with DD/DS.  They were 5 weeks early and I think it helped them a lot!!  I am a huge fan of baby wearing. Just keep practicing with your wrap and I agree with the PP about YouTube videos.

• Options
    My friend have me her Moby to use & I have an Ergo that I used with my first. She couldn't find her instruction card, but I found this YouTube video that I thought was super helpful.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T88TyHPit9s&feature=c4-feed-u
    My friend (& everyone else) says it takes a few times to get the hang of it, but that the Moby is especially good for those first few months.
  • Options
    @gfam23 I have used a Boba, Wrapsody and an Etsy made one (I forgot the sellers store name). I liked my Wrapsody the best, mainly because it was the prettiest, but it was also the most comfortable. My son was a big boy, 20 lbs by 5-6 months, so I found the Moby was too droopy after only wearing for a little while:)

This time around we only kept our Wrapsody and will just use that when I dont want my woven wrap. But I really think you could skip the soft wrap and go straight for a woven wrap if you want to save some cash too.
  • Options
    At the fancy baby store I saw these shirts that seemed great for skin to skin, if you're not wanting to always wear an open robe or whatever. I'm not sure how much I'd use it for walking around, although the website says you can, but I might for cuddling at home. https://nuroobaby.com/product/nuroo-pocket/
    F14 Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"