July 2014 Moms
Options

Baby moon?

Did we do this already? Or lately? I went back five pages on my phone and didn't see one.

Anywho, dh and I didn't do one with DD. But I think I'm gonna need (alright, want) one this time. Nothing over the top. No flying. We live in MA though so I'm not sure what that leaves us with for options. A weekend at a nice pampering type hotel? Suggestions?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby moon?

• Options
    This was definitely done a few weeks ago.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    Eh who cares if it was done already.  Start up the convo!

We will be doing at least a night away at some point.  DH and I haven't gone out anywhere without DD since his birthday... March 1st... so yeah.  It's almost been a year.  We NEED a night away haha!  Not sure what we will do.  Something nearby, to save money.  We're also in Mass.  I was thinking of hitting up the Cape before beach season really starts.  Maybe May.  We need some date nights before that though.  This is getting depressing!
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did do it at some point. We will be taking a family trip. I want to more enjoy DD at her age a little more time with just her before another. So not a typical babymoon but still a special trip to the beach. 

I'm a huge Red Sox fan so I vote if you're in mass going to a game and staying at a hotel :) I grew up in NH so if you want something a little different check out the White Mountains. Loon Mountain and such in the summer is really nice (especially for family time).
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    With my son, we went to Florida for a week at the end of April (was also due in July).  It was very nice.  This time around we may not do one or at least do a long weekend cruise since DH does not get any vacation time since he started a new job.   He gets a week, but he'll need that for when the baby is born.

You could go to cape cod for  a long weekend.  That would be nice if you don't want to fly.  Or maybe go up to maine...  Or you could drive down to NYC and watch a broadway show or two...  just a couple of ideas :)
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    We just got back from Europe, but we didn't call it a "babymoon." But it was a great trip and fun to make some memories before baby arrives.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We want to do something kid free, but nothing major... We will probably just do a bed and breakfast getaway weekend or a quick beach trip, but I definitely need a mommy/daddy trip before #3 arrives!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We are going to go to Cumberland Falls because I've never been (and it's pretty close) in March for our anniversary.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Options

My DH brought up the idea of doing one this time in April (we didn't when I was pg with DD) and suggested Florida as a possible destination. 

@singingirl96, do you mind if I ask where you guys went in Florida/where you stayed/what you did that was fun while pg?

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    singingirl96singingirl96 member
    edited January 2014
    @kmawb

We went to a town near West Palm Beach on the east coast, however, we stayed at a private resort through the company I work for, and this property was recently sold and converted into a rehab center... :(  I loved it there, but apparently it wasn't doing well, so they got rid of it.  

Places you may want to look at include Naples, Marco Island, West Palm, Daytona, Fort Walton, Sarasota, Tampa... those are all beaches.   Or you could do Orlando/Kissimmee if you want to do disney and other parks... but being pregnant, I don't know how much you'll enjoy that.

If you're on a budget, you may want to consider taking a 4 day Caribbean cruise.  You can get them from Miami or Fort Lauderdale for really cheap... Like under $200 pp with all included.  Those usually go to Nassau, a private island and maybe key west and back.  So you could stay in Miami or FL for a day or two and cruise for the rest of the week... :)
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I doubt it. We're going on a big family vacation in March, so I think that's it for us.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"