Success after IF

early waking because of dirty diaper- solutions?

DS will normally sleep until almost 7am, but lately he's been waking at 5:30 or 5:45 with a dirty diaper. At that point, it's too late in the morning for him to go back to sleep- I've tried! And he absolutely can't sleep if he's dirty (nor do I want him laying in a dirty dipe). I'm thinking of moving his dinnertime later, in the hopes that will lead to a later morning poo. 

Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything to be done? Mama's tired, and he is too.
DH and I are Americans living an adventure in Kenya since 2011
DX: PCOS (annovulatory)
Feb 2012: IUI #1 w/ only 1M sperm and a single follie = BFP! 
Nov 2012: Little buddy born in Kenya
Nov 2013: Trying for a second, still w PCOS
Dec 2013: IUI cycle canceled for non-response
Jan 2014: Break cycle BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: early waking because of dirty diaper- solutions?

• I know this can be frustrating. Changing meal times may make a difference, but that's not always the case. Mine seem to have changes in their dirty diaper times every so often, unrelated to changes in schedule (there generally haven't been any changes) when I notice this. I know I'm not super helpful. Hang in there. Most likely he will get himself on another schedule soon. 

DX: DOR and MFI 

IVF w/ICSI brought us our 1st precious miracle

V born via induction 4.29.11

TTC #2: IVF (MDLF) August/September 2012

ER 9/7: 6R, 5M, 4F ET 9/12: 5dt of 2 blasts 

+HPT 9/17! Beta #1 (9/25) = 1,000 Beta #2 (9/27) = 1,860 U/S #1 (10/11)...TWINS!

1/8/13 - It's a..boy and a girl!!   

S&B born via induction 5.8.13

imageimage

• I'm with @kbeach82. We go through these phases as well. We've recently had to add prune juice to their diet per the pedi's rec for some big time constipation issues. I notice I have to offer it well before dinner to avoid the early morning issue. Same could be said for offering high fiber foods at dinner. Either way, the phase is usually short lived and often resolves without me doing anything.

Hope it improves soon!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Is it pee or both? DS like today if he had a random blowout I would change change him and not really talk and put him back down. He may fuss for a second but eventually pass back out. I'm too afraid to just get up and then it messes up our good schedule. I feel like if it's poop then it was a random occurance it was happening in the am. If it's pee then get a bigger night diaper and stop drinks right before bed.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• I agree that this may change on it's own given just a little more time.  Does he seem to wake up right after going?  I can remember sneaking in to change diapers in the middle of the night for one of my kids to avoid an early wake up but if memory serves that was more a peeing out the diaper issue than pooping.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Thanks, ladies. It's definitely poop. He wakes up as soon as he has a poop. We use Huggies overnites and they don't leak or explode, it's just that he can't sleep with poop in there. 

I was hoping it was a phase but it's lasted like a month off-and-on (mostly on). So it's beginning to feel more like a routine. Again, if he doesn't poop, then he'll sleep much later.

Ruthie04. How many hours before bed did you give it, to get a pre-bed poop?

I don't turn on the light or talk when I go in to change him, and then I try to rock him back to sleep and soothe him but he's like "It's MORNING, woman!"
    DH and I are Americans living an adventure in Kenya since 2011
    DX: PCOS (annovulatory)
    Feb 2012: IUI #1 w/ only 1M sperm and a single follie = BFP! 
    Nov 2012: Little buddy born in Kenya
    Nov 2013: Trying for a second, still w PCOS
    Dec 2013: IUI cycle canceled for non-response
    Jan 2014: Break cycle BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been offering it around 1-2pm and they go down around 7. DS1 generally has firmer poops and he has been having a much more healthy consistency we we started. He really doesn't strain at all anymore and has one big diaper between 6-7 pm and one right after waking around 7:30 am (it doesn't wake him, he waits for a clean diaper then does it). DS2 is the one who is struggling (crying when pushing, having small, hard poops), so he was the one the pedi really wanted on juice. if I can get him to drink any juice at all (which is a challenge!), he will have a couple of softer, easier ones later in the day. We never offered juice until now and pear wasn't getting the job done, so we brought out the big guns in prunes!! I have a friend who offers her son one prune/day to keep him regular and I'd rather do that, but they won't eat it. Fresh pears weren't helping much either. 

I only put 2oz of prune juice with 2 oz of water and they split that sippy cup. I hate to rely on juice, but the pedi said we needed to do something to avoid behavioral issues related to holding it in. 

HTH!
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• I would def change dinner and do prunes but also use a super thick overnight diaper and see if it makes a difference.
    6 m/c
    Anovulatory cycles, increased Synthroid Diagnosed Sep 2010
    Natural cycle Dec 2010 BFP M/C 6 1/2 Weeks, D&E Jan 2011
    1 Clomid/Ovidrel BFN May 2011
    Natural cycle Aug 2011 BFP M/C 4 Weeks
    1 IUI Sept 2011 BFP M/c 7 weeks
    Provera Dec 2011 BFP M/C 3 Weeks
    DQ ALPHA HLA MATCH, High NK Cells Diagnosed Dec 2011
    IVF March 2012 BFP m/c 4weeks 5 days (IL, Prednisone)
    IVF#2w/DS July 2012 MEGA FAILURE BFN (IL, Dexamethasone)
    Diagnosed No real HLA Match, DQ Beta Triad, High TNF, Low NK Cells
    Oct 2012 Natural Cycle m/c 4wks (Lovenox, Prednisone) 
    Went to Beer Center- high tnf, low lad, implantation failure
    Nov/Dec 2012 LIT Treatment
    Dec 12 Humira
    Jan 2013 BFP
    Humira,LIT,Prednisone, Lovenox, IVIG, Baby Aspirin
    Miracle Born August 2013 Premature

Yours doesn't have to be a sad story

Lilypie - (ugiy)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"