September 2013 Moms
Options

Current Events/State of the Union Address

Haven't seen one in awhile, does anyone have anything newsworthy you'd like to share? I saw an article today about a couple that just had a baby girl and named her "Cydnee Leigh 12th Mann." I live quite near Seattle, and I was born there, so naturally I'm a big Hawks fan, but this is just going WAY too far. Eesh. https://fansided.com/2014/01/28/seattle-fans-name-child-cydnee-leigh-12th-mann/#!tIewR

Also, DH and I tuned into the State of the Union pretty late, did anyone watch?

Re: Current Events/State of the Union Address

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I watched some of the state of the union... I'm also not an obama fan so I avoid talking politics because I'm really into politics and naturally disagree with a lot of people.

I feel though that most politicians lie and about fell out of bed when they said the deficit has been cut in half because I know it's not true. I also was upset about the health care comments. I agree people should be able to have health care but I have already looked Into the costs and do not know how we will afford it through the new system.

Nothing interesting going in here in Florida. I think it's snowing in the panhandle that's probably all.

• Options
    This isn't a national news thing, but its news in my community right now.
    There was a huge field fire the other night that was in 3 places (two neighboring fields about a mile away from the biggest fire) and the biggest fire hopped the highway and lot the median as well as the fields on each side of the road.
    We got caught in it (with LO) while trying to drive home. It was pretty crazy! There were 55mph wind gusts that were spreading the flames and smoke everywhere.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @tittytwistertortosies:   If you're going to mentions Biden's cheesy grin then you at least have to mention Boehner's constant stink face. Bi-partisan at least! I think he's as equally disrespectful... as you noticed in the address as well.

BFP 01/05/2013. EDD 09/18/2013. Low Progesterone. Gestational Diabetes. Rh Negative. Baby Ky-Mani born 100% healthy 09/17/2013. TTC#2 12/2013. BFP 02/01/2014! "Baby RaggaMuffin" due 10/07/2014.

• Options
    @kimberlymacrae: Oh Boehner had a great stink face. I'm not sure I would say disrespectful.  I was actually impressed that he could hold it together enough to not role his eyes.  I wouldn't be able to sit there and not show my feelings if I disagreed with what someone was saying.  Boehner has the overly tanned, two packs a day look.  I call him cry baby Boehner because I have seen him cry on numerous occasions.  I always love showing his picture and name in my PPT presentations because even 12th graders chuckle at his name. I think I mentioned Biden because I have always thought he was creepy and not the sharpest tool in the shed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"