TTC after 35

Follistim vs Gonal-F ??

I think my nurse called in the wrong med for this IVF.  I am supposed to be on the same meds as my first IVF which included Follistim, however when the meds arrived today, the order came with Gonal-F.  It was too late in the day to call her to question it, but I'm curious if any folks on here have any thoughts?

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: Follistim vs Gonal-F ??

• I thought they were the same thing just different brand names. I'm new to this medicated cycles so I'm still learning so I may not know what I'm talking about.

This cycle I was on Gonal f and when I was talking to my Dr about our plan this cycle he said we would do FSH injections and I asked what I was going to be on he said brand doesn't matter as much. So not real sure.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • I was on Gonal F for my 1st cycle but this time they called my meds into another pharmacy so I can compare prices - this one has Follistim rather than Gonal F (I am out of pocket).  

I called the nurse and asked - she said Follistim and Gonal F are the same - just different brand names.
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I found out I have no choice. My insurance co struck a deal with the Gonal F maker recently and they will only cover that brand from now on. 

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
    IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    IVF #2: Apr '
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    IVF #3: June '14
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
    Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"