July 2014 Moms
Options

How many ultrasounds/synograms...?

Just curious how many ultrasounds/synograms you all are getting or have gotten in the past. I had one at 9 weeks, the NT scan at 12 weeks, a genetics scan at 17 weeks, an anatomy scan at 20 weeks, then a growth scan sometime after that and of insurance approves it another scan late in pregnancy to estimate weight and size before birth.

I don't know this seems like a lot. I know my insurance covers 3 ultrasounds and then the doctor needs to request any past that. Just curious what everyone else's experiences are with this...

Re: How many ultrasounds/synograms...?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I had about ten with DD (lots of complications). With this one I've had two and will have the A/S in 2.5 weeks. Then I'm not sure if they'll do a late one since I'm having a RCS. I'm hoping those will be the only three for me.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a viability u/s at 6 weeks, dating u/s at 10 weeks, and NT scan at 12 weeks. My next will be the A/S at 19 weeks. Any after that will probably just be growth u/s or fluid checks if I need them.
  • Options
    I get 3 with my OB. One for each trimester typically around 8, 20 (the A/S), and 32 weeks. And because I electively do the NT scan at 12 weeks that makes for 4 total.
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• Options
    I get viability, anatomy, then tons during third tri due to GD.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• Options

My OB does three, as long as everything goes smoothly during pregnancy and there are no complications. 12 weeks, 18 weeks and then somewhere around 28-32 weeks (I don't remember the week they said #3 is supposed to happen.) Hoping that my 18 week u/s this week shows that everything is good so we can continue with that schedule!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I choose to only do a 20 anatomy scan. This is all I've done in my previous 3 pregnacies and will do in this one.
  • Options
    I've had 4 so far, AS will be 5. 6 weeks for viability, 8 weeks because I was having a few problems, NT at 12, and an elective at 16.

Not sure what the plan is after the AS, I assume nothing unless indicated.

TTC #1 since 10/2012.
    BFP#1 11/28/12, MC, BFP #2 CP
    BFP #3 10/21/2013, EDD 7/3/2014
    Beta #1 (4W6D): 1768 Beta #2 (5W1D): 5255
    1st US at 6W4D HB of 112 BPM!

1/20/2014: IT'S A GIRL!

6/30/2014: Happy birthday baby M!

• Options
    I think I will only have the 21 week anatomy scan.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    I had a dating u/s at about 8 weeks, the NT scan at 12ish weeks, I will have an a/s at 19 weeks and after that is just depends on how the pregnancy progresses.  With DD I had one more in addition to those I just listed at the end of my pregnancy to see her position and fluid levels (I think) but that was because I was starting to show signs of pre-e and they were going to induce so they did a quick check.  This time I am having a RCS so I am not sure what additional u/s, if any, they will do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Only 2, the NT Scan and the A/S.
  • Options
    I was only supposed to get 2 (one at my first appointment at 10 weeks and one at 20 weeks).  But then I got assigned to a midwife who did another one at 15 weeks, and I had an elective ultrasound at 17 weeks (I was visiting DH and he wanted to see the baby).  So I will ultimately have had 4. 

• Options
    For my first 3 I had the same ob and only had the 20 week us. With this ob I had one at my first appt and the 20 week and that should be it.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby #5 due 12.31.15

• Options
    Last time I had one at 8 weeks for dating, 20 for a/s, and 41 to check fluid because I had lost two pounds. This one had an additional one at 12 for NT scan and if my amnio comes back positive for CMV I'll be getting a lot more after the a/s. I'm hoping I don't get the chance to see this baby more than four times before it is born.
  • Options
    I had one at 15 weeks just to be sure on my dates since they were having a hard time finding the heartbeat with the doppler and will have one more next Tuesday at 19 weeks for the AS.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have had 3 so far. A couple of those were due to some bleeding though. Otherwise, I think I would normally have 2. I will have the anatomy scan for sure. After that I don't know.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had a dating u/s at 9 weeks. I have my a/s at 19-20 weeks. I am pretty sure that is all they do.
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • Options
    I had a dating u/s at 9 weeks. I have my a/s at 19-20 weeks. I am pretty sure that is all they do.
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • Options
    I had a dating ultrasound at 12 weeks, my NT is scheduled for a week from today (which seems late compared to everyone else's?) and then anatomy scan in March!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    I've had 4 so far. 6 week check because of previous loss, 9 weeks when I switched providers, 11 weeks because I was feeling paranoid at my loss milestone, and 13 weeks just because. I might get one at 16 weeks this Friday, otherwise A/S is next. I'll have several in 3rd tri to check growth since DD had IUGR.

With DD I had around 10. She was wrongly diagnosed with a birth defect at her A/S so we had several level 2 follow up scans. We had a couple growth scans at the end as well.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

BFP#2 7/3/13.  U/S at 6w4d showed 1 heartbeat at 127 bmp and 2 empty sacs.  MMC discovered at 10w4d.  D&C 8/27/13.  Pathology showed normal boy.  Missing our babies every day.
    BFP#3 10/29/13!  Beta#1 at 4w5d - 2141, beta#2 at 5w1d - 7651!  U/S 11/21/13 showed baby measuring 2 days ahead with a heartbeat of 127 bmp!
  • Options
    My a/s will be number 7.

I don't choose to have 7 ultrasounds, my RE and OB do them when then feel necessary.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I will end up with 5 total. I had one at what was thought to be 8 weeks for dating. Baby measured 2 weeks behind, so I had another a week and a half later. Baby measured just under 8 weeks, so I had one more to check growth another week and a half to two weeks later. Then I had my NT scan and I will have my A/S in feb.
  • Options
    I had the NT scan at 12 weeks and will have the A/S at 20 weeks but I think that's it.
  • Options
    bgoodbparbgoodbpar member
    edited January 2014
    I've had 5 thus far at 16 wks (hyperemesis ER visits got some extra US but I'm not considered high risk or anything), 1 for A/S coming up, 1 more at least for size in 3rd tri, and my OB has been using it at every appointment so I'll find out next week if she switches to just a Doppler.

• Options
    With DD I had two, a dating one and then the a/s. This time I've had one at 8 weeks and the a/s I haven't scheduled yet
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    One at 7 weeks, one at 9 weeks and one at 12 weeks, have another at 18 weeks (4weeks away) and likely witll have an echo to check for heart issues, and prolly 2 more after that!
  • Options
    My office approves the anatomy scan and one in late pregnancy. We chose to do the NT scan. So 3 total probably unless I become high risk.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So far one at 7 weeks for viability, 2 for the NT scan, and another scheduled on 2/28 for the A/S. With DD, I had 2 into weeks 34-38 so I imagine that those will be happening again as well.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ivf check at 7, ivf double check at 9, MFM check at 11, nt scan at 12 and emergency one at 13.

Guess that's 5!
  • Options
    1) 6 weeks - due to spotting
    2) 7 weeks - due to some bleeding
    3) 9 1/2 weeks - dating U/S
    4) 12 1/2 weeks - NT Scan
    5) 20 weeks - A/S

Those are the definites...not sure if my office does any after 20 weeks unless necessary.  Also, I may end up getting one at my 16 week appointment if the doppler doesn't work on me...it will probably work fine, but they've never tried before so who knows?!
    BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I've had one at every appointment so far (total of 3.) Only the first one was by a tech who did the measurements, etc...next two were by my doctor just to get a look at LO.

Eta: I should add that my doctor is super laid back. We live in a small town and I don't think he has the patient load like some do.
  • Options
    Had one at 6 wks, A/S at 20 wks.  I was supposed to have an NT u/s but my Dr.'s office AND the office where they do the scan both screwed up and didn't schedule me in time.  Yeah...I was PISSED.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imagephoto Candle_zps6cecf456.png 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I had 56 total with my first. No exaggeration, no joke. I had a VERY rare tumor on my placenta that could have killed the baby. So they were hyper careful about monitoring and such.

With this one, I've *technically* had 2, but the first was about 25 seconds to estimate how far along I was, as well as establish that there was a heartbeat. Second one was about 2 minutes long, and it was to check the heartbeat (my doc doesn't use Doppler)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    With my last pregnancy I had 3.  Dating u/s at 9 weeks, A/S at 18 weeks, and late ultrasound at 42 weeks.

So far I have just had one at 11 weeks to check for heartbeat after not finding it with the doppler.  I will have my A/S at 19 weeks, and hopefully that will be all we will need.
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • Options
    8 weeks, 12 weeks (couldn't find heart beat on doppler), A/S last week and one at 28 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have had three. One was at my 8wk appt, but it wasn't expected. The dr only did it because she couldn't find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler. She freaked out and rushed me down the hall for a quick one. My next one (actually scheduled) was at my 14wk appt where they determined I was actually a week behind due to baby's size. That next day, I had a regular appt with the dr when I was asked if I wanted to see my baby. I explained that my ultrasound had been done the day before. However, my obgyn clinic is attached to a hospital and uses interns as well as doctors who have been in the profession for a while. Until further in the pregnancy, they rotate interns and assign a more seasoned dr at the 5mo mark. At that last appt, the intern needed practice locating heartbeat and using the u/s machine, so he asked if I'd be okay with a free one in order for him to practice. (Of course I was on board, lol!) I'm now 16wks along and am not scheduled for my next (and more than likely last) one until 21wks.
  • Options
    1. 8 weeks because I freaked out and thought I was miscarrying
    2. 12 weeks NT scan
    3. 20 weeks A/S

I don't think my doctor does anymore unless there is a reason. So I guess I should have only got 2 but I will wind up with 3. 

• Options
    I've had 2 so far. 7 weeks dating u/s & a 13 week NT scan & cyst check. Our a/s is at the end of next month (20 weeks). I don't know what happens after that.
  • Options
    I had one at 5.5wks for viability because my HCG level wasn't where they wanted it. One at 7.5wks because there was only a gestational and yolk sac at 5.5wks. One at 11wks after they couldn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler. One at 14 weeks when I was in the ER and my A/S in a few weeks when I will be 18wks.

After that I am not sure on the office procedure.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow, going for first ultrasound at 20 weeks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"