High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Stanford Hospital and Gastroschisis defect

Hello everyone :)

I am just here looking for some insight.  

I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and at week 22 my husband and I found out that our baby boy has gastroschisis.  I know this is a correctable defect that can be fixed with a couple of surgeries after birth, but from what they have told me, I am considered a high risk pregnancy, so I wanted to come here to see if anyone has had any experiences with this.

We have been told that we will be delivering at Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto Ca where it is about 2 hours from where we live.  

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me any information or experiences they have had with either Stanford Hospital and/or experiences with gastroschisis.

Thank you so much everyone! I have been a nervous wreck lately just trying to figure out how we are going to do everything in the next 3-4 months and hearing stories from others might help me to relax and ease my mind :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stanford Hospital and Gastroschisis defect

• Options
    I live in the Bay Area. I'm actually delivering at UCSF which is closer to me. Stanford is great though it's a large well regarding NICU and has a great pediatric surgery group. You'll be in good hands. Are you meeting with the team before delivery? It would be nice to familiarize yourself with the area and figure out where you will be staying (assuming you'll want to spend some nights in the area). My professional understanding of gastroschisis is that it's completely dependent on the size of the defect. I've taken care of lots of babies with it who have done really well. Best of luck with everything! I'm sure it's all very nerve wracking!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    Our little girl was born with gastroschisis.its tough but they r such strong little babies.please feel free to message me and if u like I can add u to a couple Facebook groups that r great
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have two serious, genetic blood clotting disorders and Stanford was my first choice as a facility when we moved to San Jose. Due to husband's insurance, had to switch to Palo Alto Med Found., however, it's in my Plan with maternal-fetal that if anything happens, she will refer me to Stanford without hesitation. I have utmost confidence you will be in great hands.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"