Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

For those who had a natural missed miscarriage???

I've been off and on spotting light brown and now I'm noticing more mil cramping and red blood and mucous-like blood. How long after that started until you knew you were truly miscarrying? I'd love for my body to resolve this on its own and just wondering if this is what the start of thAt process looks like? It's bleeding not spotting.

Re: For those who had a natural missed miscarriage???

• It very well could be the start. Even tho I was at 7w5d my sac only registered 6w at best. I didn't have a whole lot of blood or clotting but I did start having contraction like cramps on Saturday that lasted about 1-2 hrs. Then Sunday they came and went all day. In the afternoon/evening it got pretty bad. Monday morning I saw two large clots (about the size of an egg yolk) come out but all the cramping was over. Then my us later Monday showed everything was out. I was really surprised by the lack of blood I had anticipated. I was expecting filling a pad. Mostly it came out when I peed (like every hour) and not much on my pads. I'm hoping it comes quickly and gets over with quickly as well for you. I'll be thinking of you!! ❤️

Me: 28 
    DH: 34

IUD out 8/29/13 and TTC since then.
    BFP 12/29/13
    Bleeding 1/17/14 with LO showing 10 days smaller.
    NMC 1/26/14

Continued trying every month. Began seeing RE 7/2014.

12/2/14 got first Rx for Clomid for following cycle.
    12/3/14 BFP!!!
    No heartbeat at 8w4d. D&C scheduled for Jan 7, 14 

• I can tell you my story, but everyone is different. On the third day of brownish spotting, I went to the ER. I was diagnosed with a threatened miscarriage. They told me not to come back unless the bleeding was bright red and could fill a maxi pad in an hour. When I did have bright red bleeding that was heavy, I was also having intense cramping. Additionally, I was passing clots. I went back in and that is when the miscarriage was confirmed. I would advise you against using my timeline as a metric for yourself because I was taking blood thinners, which likely had an impact on the amount of blood and how long the bleeding lasted.
  • Loading the player...
  • mine progressed pretty quickly. I started spotting and cramping on a Thursday, went in for an ultrasound (external and transvaginal) the next day (a Friday) to see what was wrong, they confirmed the baby wasn't progressing as hoped (only measuring 5 weeks, not the 6.5 it should've been) but would do a follow-up on Monday to retest my hCG levels, then later that night the bleeding and cramping increased and I passed most, but like the previous poster, I didn't fill pads, but instead bled like a period every time I went to the bathroom, more frequently that night. By my next ultrasound on Monday (3 days later), my uterus wasn't showing any products of conception. I think the fact that I wasn't that far along was a factor in my experience.
    Me: 41, DH: 42, married 2009
    BFP #1: 12/05/2012; EDD 08/09/2013; MC 01/2013 (missed, D&C)
    BFP #2: 12/19/2013; EDD 08/25/2014; MC 01/2014 (natural)
  • What you're going to see/experience is also going to depend on how pregnant you were when your fetal growth stopped.  Mine stopped at 7w5d.  The "start" of my natural miscarriage was two days of light streaking/spotting.  The "main event" was very heavy (and had actual contractions) with large clots and tissue pieces (including the entirety of the placenta and fetal sac/fetus) and lasted 2-3 hours.  Bleeding since then (10 days later) has mostly been like a light period.
    Current pregnancy -
    First BFP on 1/4/22.  Due date 9/13/22.

Four prior losses, no living children - 1 first trimester miscarriage, 1 blighted ovum, 1 chemical, and one extreme premature live birth daughter who died at 15 days old.

• really depend on how pregnant you were when you lost the baby. Last time I was 5 weeks and miscarried naturally. Once I got to that point (cramping, red blood, mucous, clotting) it was only a few days more, 2 days. 7 days total from light pink to brown to red with clots.
  • I was supposed to be 8 weeks last Thursday. Sac and yolk sac measured 6w2d no fetus developed and fetal pole showed no heart beat. Had a little brown spotting over the weekend and Monday (4 days later) US showed the same thing. My brown spotting turned to red Monday night with contraction like cramping...mostly feel tightening and back pain and then will have red blood with some tissue and various sized clots when I use the bathroom. Clots no larger than a quarter at this point and while I don't feel great I don't need pain medication. I go tomorrow for another US and to make a decision about a D&C.
  • I started out similar with light brown spring which turned into red blood two days later with painful cramps. Within a week all my symptoms were gone and beta levels dropped to a 6. Get blood work done it is the best way to know for sure
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"