Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

really demanding and fussy

So granted, I'm a first time mom and don't really know how much fussing is normal. However, I seem to have a very fussy and demanding girl. She just turned one and wants to be held pretty much all the time (and she's getting heavy!). It's impossible to get ready for work in the morning. It's nearly impossible to change her diaper; she just spins and torks her body in all sorts of ways while crying. She cries in the car. She cries while we're making dinner. And basically as soon as we hold her, she stops crying and smiles. I must be doing something wrong. Please help! 

Re: really demanding and fussy

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

Well, I guess what worries me is that i think it may be her personality. I'm open to any advice people have to nip it in the bud. She has had about 4 ear infections (typically double) in her short little life. Poor girl. We treat them with antibiotics and lots of cuddling at home.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you! Makes me feel a little better.

• Options
    My DD is very clingy and can be quite fussy and demanding too.  I don't have any advice unfortunately.  I would get her ears checked.   I always take mine in and hope there is something they can come up with to explain her clinginess but nope. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DS is like that.  He is 16 mos and wants to be held a lot.  He whines whenever he isn't getting attention that he wants.  He gets mad when his big sister is getting that attention.  He also had a lot of ear infections (and is 18,000x worse) but since he got tubes in August his ears have been clear.  Unfortunately, that hasn't changed how clingy he is.  

People keep telling me to enjoy the snuggles while they last because eventually he won't want to be held anymore and to let him cry when I need to.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    One year molars are also the devil. Does she have any of those coming in? It is a slow, grueling process that can also be the culprit for this type of behavior.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• Options
    My son was SUPER clingy and overly attached from about 12-16 months. It was really hard to deal with but then one day it magically ended. Now I am kind of sad because I miss all the cuddles and him wanting to be held, he's now Mr. Independent at 17 months. The whiney part is still an issue though, I'm guessing that will drastically decrease once his language increases. Good luck and enjoy it while you can (I know, I hated hearing it at the time but now understand what everyone meant!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• Options
    My DD is like that too.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"