Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Random Hair Question

Pregnancy ruined my hair. Before pregnancy, it was easy.  I washed it with a 2 in 1 shampoo/conditioner, brushed it out and that was it.  I never blew dry it or used any product.  I wore it down all the time (I like my hair long.)  While I was pregnant, it was amazing.  Now it is stringy and thin and tangles incredibly easy.  I've googled this and most things I find are about hair during pregnancy or immediately after birth and say it's hormones.  My son is 10 months old and I stopped nursing 4 months ago, so I don't think it's hormones.  All I can do is wear my hair in a bun and it's so frustrating! I want to wear my hair down again!  Any thoughts or suggestions? Do you think a layered style would help?   I am NOT very hair savvy, FYI.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Random Hair Question

• minervacullenminervacullen member
    edited January 2014
    First of all you need to burn the 2 in 1 junk. It's bad. If you have virgin hair then I'd suggest a good amplifying shampoo and conditioner. For product just use a little silk, don't put it at the roots, rub it in your palms and gather your hair like a pony tail and finger it through after you towel dry. Get your hair trimmed and don't use a brush on it when it's wet, use a pic or a wide toothed comb.
    Also get your thyroid checked.

I'm a hair stylist of 15 years.

ETA if you do layers, ask for soft surface layers.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • I am with you! My hair is completely different pre pregnancy, during and after. My hair fell out a lot around 3-4 months pp. It 's just now getting back to wear it used to be.
  • Loading the player...
  • First of all you need to burn the 2 in 1 junk. It's bad. If you have virgin hair then I'd suggest a good amplifying shampoo and conditioner. For product just use a little silk, don't put it at the roots, rub it in your palms and gather your hair like a pony tail and finger it through after you towel dry. Get your hair trimmed and don't use a brush on it when it's wet, use a pic or a wide toothed comb.
    Also get your thyroid checked.

I'm a hair stylist of 15 years.

ETA if you do layers, ask for soft surface layers.

Lol I was a hair stylist too!! No more 2 in 1!!

It takes 18 months for hormones to settle. Eat healthy & exercise :)

• I had to stop using the cheaper stuff like Suave and start using Pantene because my hair dried out so badly.  But that's not the funniest thing, about 3 months after my daughter was born my stick straight hair went curly!  Apparently this is genetic because after my mom had my brother and I her hair went from curly to straight.  Life is a lot easier now that I don't have to blow dry and flat iron now!  :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our bodies are so weird!  I was already using Pantene, but the 2 in 1, like I sad before.  Thanks for the responses guys.  I'm definitely going to try the silk!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • minervacullenminervacullen member
    edited January 2014
    I don't recommend Pantene, they aren't that good. I think nexxus has a regular store line, or just do some trial and error.

eta
    I'm not really familiar with non professional lines, which is why I'd suggest trial and error if that's the price range you're wanting to stay in.
    Personally, I prefer pureology, redkin, and Bed Head lines.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"