January 2014 Moms
Options

RingOfFire11 - Med Free (PIP)

RingOfFire11RingOfFire11 member
edited January 2014 in January 2014 Moms

Summary: DD2 was born med free on January 21st. Labor was VERY fast!

Long version: I woke to contractions just after midnight on January 21st. I began timing them immediately because they were coming on quite strong. They were already 4-5 minutes apart and lasting 45s-1m each. I woke up MH and after 40 minutes of timing, we called my parents to come over to be with DD. They arrived and we set out for our 40 minute ride to the hospital. We checked in at 2am and the contractions had became much more intense and I started to doubt my ability to go med free again. My first med free delivery was really fast and intense too (4 hours total from water breaking to birth) and I was already feeling like I did when I was in transition the last time. I was quickly checked and told 9cm!! I was rechecked by another nurse to confirm and again, 9cm with just a lip of cervix left. This helped motivate me through those final minutes. My body began to push on its own and against doctor's instructions, I gave in and pushed. She looked down and I was crowning. 5 total pushes and Elise Mae was born at 2:40am! She weighed in at 8lb,10oz and was 20.5in long. I'm still in a bit of shock at how fast it all happened again. One of the nurses gave me a hug and thanked me for letting her be a part of it, lol. Breastfeeding is going surprisingly well (DD1 never could) and I'm still so surprised every time she latches on. Big sister is doing great with the baby so far although requiring more Mommy time than usual. Elise is one week old today and our family of four is complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: RingOfFire11 - Med Free (PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"