Toddlers: 24 Months+

Starting Preschool

DD is starting preschool tomorrow.  She seems alternately excited and upset about it.  She has met her teacher and been to the classroom a couple of times but due to the weather has not been while other kids were there.  Any tips on helping her transition?  She is 3 and has always been home with me.  I have been talking it up to her but that seems to make her more upset.  We do have a couple books about preschool that she seems to like.  She will be going four days per week three hours per day.  Thanks!

Re: Starting Preschool

• That is so exciting! I know the anxiety is high though and it will be ok. DD had the opportunity to see DS go to school, be in the environment (drop off and pick up) and she was raring to go when it was her turn. No tears, no fuss and she loves it. She goes 2 mornings/week for 3 hrs.

When DS started, it was hard b/c the enviroment was new and even though he is a social kid, it took a bit to deal with the separation. It really only took 2 or 3 days and he was heading right into his class without any issue or hesitation. It really depends on the child but whatever happens, put on your smiling face, tell her you are coming to get her when school is over and GET THE HECK OUT of there if needed. Lingering is never good and the teachers usually have some magic to get them settled down. Feel free to call the school once you get home to see if she is ok if that helps you out. You may not even need that so keep it positive, make a big girl fuss,  and enjoy the first day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"