Two Under 2

Double stroller advice

Here is my dilemna. I have a 2 yr old DD and a 5 week old DD. I did the trade in at BBR on the stroller i hated in hopes if getting the one i want. The one i want is by mamas and papas but doesnt convert to double stroller (2nd seat). My question is how important is 2nd seat for two year old. Stroller will mostly be used for walks on track and shopping. We take one family trip and i shop then mostly on resort. So do i need second seat or will one of those glider boards. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Double stroller advice

• FmrAFBratFmrAFBrat member
    edited January 2014
    I think you will need at least a sit n stand if not a double stroller with 2 seats. There is no way my 2 year old is even mature enough to use a sit n stand, let alone a rider board. He needs a seat. You will have a terrible time shopping with an unruly 2 year old. For your needs (shopping) I would think something like a sit n stand or something compact like the Kinderwagon Hop would work well. If you do a sit n stand I'd look for one where the baby can be in the back (in the car seat) and your toddler can use the actual seat to start with. Very few 2 year olds can use the jump seat in the back.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I have a sit and stand.  Going out with 1 stroller seat and 2 LOs is not a great idea.  Even the most well behaved 2 yo is going to find things to get into and places to explore.  Although, when DS was that little I mostly wore him and just used a single stroller with DD.  I didn't really put them both in the stroller until DS was sitting up consistently.  
  • Loading the player...
  • For going shopping with a 2yr old, you absolutely need a seat for them. If you have a young 2 yr old I think you def need a full on double. If your child is closer to 3 then you could do a sit and stand. Even now that my kids are 3 and 2, I still use a double stroller at the mall. We take a wagon for walks outside, or the kids ride their bikes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"