Multiples
Options

How long were your 2nd tri us appointments?

FTM 22 weeks with di/di twin grils.  Apparently, I am scheduled for another ultrasound at my next appointment (beeing seen monthly/every 4 weeks) at this point in time.   I am looking forward to seeing my girls again!  I had my a/s at 19 weeks.  How long/how in depth are the monthly ultrasounds? Is the monthly us normal for multiples?

Re: How long were your 2nd tri us appointments?

• Options
    I am 19 weeks with di/di girls and I have an MFM ultrasound every two weeks.  The bi-weekly ultrasound is to check my cervical length (I think they called it an endo) and just take a peek and see how things are doing (heart rates, position, etc).  That one takes about 20 minutes.  Monthly, I have a growth scan + the endo, which takes about 45 minutes because they take measurements of each twin.  I was told my anatomy scan would be about 2 hours; I will be almost 21 weeks at that one.  

From what I have read/seen around, every two weeks is a lot for di/di, especially with no complications, but that is just how my practice does things.  
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    Do you know what they are measuring at your ultrasounds? They measure growth every 4 weeks for me, and it takes about 30 minutes. Fluid checks every 2 weeks only take about 10-15.
    Induction of mo/di twin boys scheduled for 2/24! Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 25 weeks with di/di boys. I have appointments every 2 weeks. They alternate between a growth ultrasound/MFM consult and an appointment with my OB (who does a quick scan at each appointment to check heartbeats/position). My growth scan appointments are usually about 1 - 1.5 hours, the last 2 being 1.5+ because there have been concerns with baby b on the scan so we've had more in depth discussions with the MFM following the scan. Luckily everything so far has been fine, but each time they find something that could be problematic it leads to more questions from DH and I.

My OB appointments are probably 30 minutes. My OB is amazing and asks me a lot of questions and allows for us to ask a lot of questions. She knew going into our TTC that I was worried about multiples so when it happened she's been very concsious to check in with me and spend time with. She checks the babies, my tummy, goes over my previous growth scan again. etc.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BeesKnees181BeesKnees181 member
    edited January 2014
    I am guessing they will measure babies' growth again at this next ultrasound.  So glad to hear someone has a MFM that asks them a lot of questions and takes time with them.  The most time we get is usually in the ultrasound room, and the consult after with our MFM usually is rushed (at most 10 minutes).  I do not like being rushed, because it makes it tough to remember questions.  It is like some stranger form of performance anxiety.  Hubby is good about remembering though.  The MFM/OB have done nothing to measure me.  They just ask how I am feeling, answer questions, and jet.  Is this weird?  Sometimes, I think it is weird and that may be I should seek out another option for my prenatal care...Other times, I chaulk it up to the doc being one of the best in the state and being busy...

• Options
    My MFM spends almost no time with me, but there hasn't been much to talk about. He would answer any questions I am sure, but since everything has looked totally perfect i have been happy with my care. The ultrasound techs are very thorough.
    Induction of mo/di twin boys scheduled for 2/24! Pregnancy Ticker}
  • Options
    My OB uses an US at every appointment to check for movement and heartbeats. It takes like two minutes. My MFM takes measurements so it takes about an hour each appointment.
    image    image    image    image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"