Single Parents
Options

Anniversary??

I got a One Year Anniversary badge on Friday (just saw the notification today).  I can't believe it's already been a year!  This time last year, BD had come over to my house to give me my Christmas present since it hadn't arrived in the mail by Christmas (even though, the real Christmas gift was him revealing his true colors and leaving me.  Best. Present. Ever.).  While at the time I was still pretty heartbroken over the whole ordeal, freaked out about what was going to happen in my life, and, in fact, still not sure if I was going to keep DD or give her up for adoption, it was one year ago that I realized I had wasted my time on a BOY who, after FOUR YEARS, still had no idea who I was or what I liked/hated or even the smallest mundane details of my life.  His gift to me was a helicopter that you could control with an app that you put on your phone, and this helicopter had missiles.  I have to include that little detail because his reasoning for this gift was "you told me once that you wanted your own predator drone."  I don't remember this.  It was an off-hand remark from a news cast we happened to watch together and as soon as I made that statement, I forgot about it.  It was the only thing he really heard me say to him.

Here I am, one year later.  I have a beautiful daughter, a wonderful MAN, and all I can say is that there would be no way I could ever be this happy if BD and I remained together for any reason. He lost so much when he walked out. And I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about this totally bubbly, overly smiley and happy little girl who is the light of my life. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Anniversary??

• Options
    Lol predator drone!

Sometimes when you start to feel like you're at rock bottom everything's actually about to fall into place!

Happy anniversary!
  • Options
    Happy anniversary!!
    So very much the same except mine showed his true colors after 13 years together. LOL. Hope in a year I'm very much in the same place you are! Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crazy how a year flies by isnt it!?!?
  • Options
    Why didn't you use the missiles on him??  Pew pew pew!
  • Options
    20thirteen20thirteen member
    edited January 2014
    Because you had to pay for the app.  And I was not about to buy an app for a helicopter that I didn't want.  LOL.  So I gave it to my nephew so my SIL could be mad that she had to buy the app (my nephew took one look at that helicopter and had a tantrum that he didn't own it).  It's no secret that I don't like my SIL, I think she knows it. Haha, she made a comment about how she was visiting Japan and wanted to stay another year or two but came back because "of a silly boyfriend." (my brother, her now husband) and then made a comment about my nephew not being born.  So I made a comment about how he would be, but he'd be a little more slanty eyed (as a joke) and she did not take that well. She didn't like that I implied that we'd be better off if she stayed in Japan... LOL

But I love my nephew. He's ridiculously awesome. Ill-mannered because she doesn't know how to be a mother, but totally awesome.
  • Options
    Theres always that one family member or in law you could do without it seems.
  • Options
    Oh, yeah. I'm not a peopley person. But this bitch talked so much shit about me while PURSUING MY BROTHER. And she's about 2-3 years older than he is, and he's the oldest in my family. It's like "bitch, act your god damn age. Especially if you're trying to impress my family member."
  • Options
    Your SIL sounds like she belongs on daytime TV. I saw a license plate yesterday that said "mo reee"!
  • Options
    My x-grandma in-law still emails me every six months to pray for my harlot soul. Becausr you know. Im such a slut.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"