July 2014 Moms
Options

Happy Dance!

I just need to celebrate a little here.  I went away this weekend without DH or DS.  It was my first weekend away from both of them, so DH's first time alone with DS for more than a few hours.  DH travels occasionally for work, so I've had several opportunities to just be me and DS.  It's always great when DH gets home from one of those trips and comments on how the house looks like it's in the same "condition" as when he left and why didn't I clean up more before he got home.  Whatever.  I just ignored because, really?

So, Sunday morning I get a text from DH.  "If you want to try and find a maid for once a month we could probably swing it..."  What a productive weekend away for me!  I got some me time to relax and I'm going to get some regular house cleaning out of it!  DH finally saw the light on why I don't "clean up more" when he's away.  Because I'm caring for our 1 year old and doing my best to keep everything together around him :)  Any extra cleaning when it's just one person at home is a bonus.

Re: Happy Dance!

• Options
    Hahaha...yeah, sometimes it literally takes "walking in your shoes" for them to understand. I went on a girls trip in August and one of the friends has a son the same age as mine. After we got back, her DH decided he wanted to wait some more before having another child...haha. Yay for getting some cleaning help!

image image
  • Options
    Sometimes, they just don't really understand what you have to do when it's just you and the kid. DH was telling me just last night about how I need to keep picking up her toys after her. My entire day would consist of following her around picking up toys she decided she was no longer interested in at the moment so that she could drag them back out in 5 seconds.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If my husband even tried to bitch about our house or the condition it will be left in because of our (unborn) child, I'd smack him. He knows better.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    See, mine somehow manages to completely clean large areas while watching him. He gets completely exhausted and cranky. I think he does it to prove that if he can, I can. I'm sure he also doesn't give add much attention to J either. I think I need to go away for longer... he can't keep that up for a week. If he can, then maybe the wrong person is staying at home!
    *TW* Losses Mentioned
    9.6.12 - Crazy J entered the world

4.30.14 - Sweet Angel Micah John lost to T18 at 7 months pregnant
    2.8.16 Miscarriage at 6 weeks
    4.30.16 BFP *stick baby stick*

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This gives me so much hope!  Next weekend DH is taking DS to his parents' house alone for the first. time. ever.  DS will be 3 in April.  DH's parents are useless as far as helping with DS so I think this will FINALLY give DH an accurate picture of what I deal with on the countless times I have been left alone with DS.  DH is pretty good about lowering expectations with cleaning, but still does not understand the general care/maintenance of our child (specifically putting him to bed) so I'm pretty pumped for the outcome of next weekend!

DSC_0111DSC_0036

DS Born 4/7/2011
    DD Born 7/14/2014
  • Options
    Nice! Our made literally changed my life.  We don't bicker about cleaning and the house is never in disarray. She comes every other week and its like Christmas morning when I come home from work.  Best decision ever!

Mom to one beautiful July '14 little girl

• Options
    That's so awesome that he was able to "see the light"! :)   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"