May 2013 Moms
Options

Teething/separation anxiety/both?

DD currently has 5 teeth.  Through all 5, she never got fussy from pain, and usually didn't have any changes in sleeping or eating.  The past few days, she hasn't eaten more than 18oz or slept more than 2 hours in a row at night.  We called the pediatrician who said it's most likely teething or night time separation anxiety.  What other teeth could be coming in right now that would cause that much discomfort?  For almost a week, we have just had her sleep in the bed with us to make soothing her easier, but I have no clue how to calm her down.  Any BTDT mamas have any advice?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Teething/separation anxiety/both?

• Options
    No advice just commiserating. Good luck to you and here's to hoping it's a short phase.
  • Options
    Be thankful she was happy for the first 5, mine was cranky for 3 months and only has 2 and is still cranky! Hang in there! Do you give Tylenol before bed? I find it helps a lot on nights she is inconsolable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our ped said to only give tylenol if there is a fever, something about too much acetaminophen.  We did end up giving her some on Sunday night, but it didn't help much.  I am very grateful for the first 5!  I'm just not sure how to verify if this is teething or something else.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Funny how all Pedi's are different. Mine had said it was fine at bed time and as long as she wasn't on it every 4 hours for weeks on end to not worry about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    watuzzigalwatuzzigal member
    edited January 2014
    I seldom know why my baby is crying.

However, I will say her first five teeth came in fine. We usually wake up 4-5 times per night, but the entire week before her sixth one came in, she woke up every 20-45 minutes at night. My mom guessed it was her teeth; I had no idea what was going on.

ETA Tylenol didn't help us the night we tried it.
  • Options
    Tylenol has never been useful for me, so I couldn't imagine it helping DD.  I think the conclusion is babies are weird.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"