Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Carrier suggestions

Wondering what brand would be good we are looking for a baby carrier. My LO is 11 weeks/13Lbs. I've seen a few at like target or babies r us but hesitant to buy one some are pricey and don't wanna risk it not working for us I am on the plus side & my husband is 6ft any suggestions would be so helpful! Thank you!

Re: Carrier suggestions

• I have an ergo and a boba wrap. I love my boba wrap and haven't used the ergo yet. I'm waiting til she's old and has better neck control. Plus I can bf in the boba which is great since I've got two kiddos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the baby bjorn, it's soft and easy to use once you figure out how it works. I also have the baba sling. I didn't use the sling much but it is extremely versatile, adjustable and impressive. Both of these are adjustable and work with couples that have a significant height difference. That's what was most important for us.

• Loading the player...
  • My husband loves the Ergo.
  • We have a baby bjorn and a maya wrap. I love both! 
  • We have a stoke carrier. It's a structured carrier, not a sling type. I love it. It has great back support and works as a front and back carrier. As a front carrier, LO can face in and out. I am a plus size momma and it fits me just fine.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • I just got my K'Tan today and I love it already. Easy and quick! The only downside is that it is sized to me, so my DH can't use it - I'm 5'3 and he's 6'3.

• I love my beco Gemini!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • Also? You should check out the attachment parenting board. They have lots of suggestions :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    My BFP Chart
    BFP 12/19/08 m/c 12/26/08 4 weeks 5 days BFP 10/12/12 m/c 11/19/12 9 weeks...love you forever my angel babies!
  • We use an Ergo. I've been meaning to get a sling type carrier as well but haven't gotten around to it.
    I feel like the Ergo is great for walks and taking him out and about but a sling would probably be better for around he house.

Ergo pros - it feels secure, there's not really a learning curve like with wraps, DH and I both like wearing it.

Cons - like PPs stated it can get too warm, and sometimes it feels like a bit of a production to get it on.

We have a local crunchy granola boutique that has a free 'wrap consultation' during which they'll let you try on various types of wraps and they'll help you learn to use them. They also have a rental for which you can pay $35 to have them ship you a wrap that you keep for two weeks. If you decide to buy a wrap from them (any, doesn't have to be the type rented) then they credit the $35 towards your wrap purchase. Maybe there is store near you that does something similar?
  • I'm pretty much in love with my Ergo. It's frickin' great. I don't know how much I'll love it during Florida summer, but for now it's my jam. My LO is 12 pounds.
    BLAD reppin'

• We use the Britax carrier and LOVE IT!! Its super comfortable and Baby B seems to really love it also!! 

View Full Size Image

Pregnancy Ticker

Losses:
     7/16/2014 @ 7 Weeks 2 days
     2/01/2015 @ 4 Weeks 4 days

• My Moby was really great until LO was about six months old got really grabby and wiggly which made it hard to deal with him, I usually ended up having to keep one arm wrapped around him anyway which kind of defeated the purpose of putting him in a carrier to begin with.  My husband loves and still uses the Britax and it doesn't have that issue now that he's 7 months.
  • DH and I both wear LO in the ergo without problems - it's easy, convenient, and LO falls asleep almost immediately (perfect for housework, shopping, or even just sitting on the couch and still having 2 arms free)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"