April 2013 Moms
Options

Brag Alert: Sleep Training Success!

So we had our 9-month appointment on Thursday, and I told the pediatrician that Rhys was still waking up every night to nurse. She said it was out of habit and he just wanted comfort. She immediately said, "You nurse him to sleep, don't you?" (I did.) She basically told me that if I want him to STTN, I need to stop nursing him to sleep.

We started on Thursday. I nursed him but kept him awake. After nursing we did tooth brushing and read books before putting him in the crib. He has been screaming every night, and he gets even more upset if I go in to check on him. DH has been going in periodically and making shushing noises/humming to Rhys while he is still in the crib.

Rhys has been sleeping through the night every night since then! Last night, he woke up in the middle of the night and SCREAMED. DH started to jump out of bed, but I said, "wait a minute." Sure enough, the baby went back to sleep immediately! And tonight, I just laid him down in his crib and he went to bed all by himself! No crying!

I just had to brag because it is AMAZING to sleep through the night again, especially since I'm a teacher and wake up between 4 and 5 AM!
Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
Rhys - born 04.17.2013
Harry - born 04.18.2016

Re: Brag Alert: Sleep Training Success!

• Options
    Congrats GF!  That's awesome.  I have also noticed that the times J wakes up,if I give him a little while,he usually settles himself back to sleep.  Enjoy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome! Great news!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome and such a good feeling! Good job!
  • Options
    Yay!!! Awesome job mama!!
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    That's great! Way to go Rhys!

I finally stopped getting up at night to nurse on Friday because I know DS really doesn't need it any more, and he slept through the night on Saturday (for the second night in his entire life!). On Sunday I felt fantastic after a real night's sleep! May there be more sleep for all of us!
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    That is great news! 

You deserve all the rest you can get. =)

• Options
    Awesome!
  • Options
    That is awesome! Congrats! 

I'm totally envious. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yay! Congrats and FX for more restful nights.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    You give me hope. When we let LO cry during the night he will literally scream his head off forever. I let him go 2.5 hours once until I finally gave up. I can't take it anymore.
  • Options
    Yay Rhys!!!! And mom and dad too for sticking to the training! Enjoy your sleep filled nights now :)
  • Options
    Congrats! And jealous. Hope he keeps up the good sleeping!!
  • Options

That's awesome - happy for you!

I know I need to stop nursing Emma to sleep at some point but it's just so. dang. convenient. She sleeps through the night most nights unless she's sick or her teeth are super painful. If she wakes up I usually just comfort nurse her back to sleep in about 10 minutes. My will power to listen to crying is severely diminished in the middle of the night...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Woohoo!!! Thats a great feeling

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I totally spoke too soon... he was up screaming last night! But it was because of teething... he has a new tooth today. Hopefully he gets back to sleeping soon.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"