Infertility
Options

Intro - possibly more info that anyone could want

Hello!

I didn't realize this site also had an area dedicated to infertility, so I was waiting to visit until I had a reason, since I've been trying not to torture myself with anything baby-related as I go through this process. I wish I had found this board earlier!

I met my husband until late 2011. My husband would kill me for getting too specific about him, but he had two kids in his first marriage and had a vasectomy after his wife left him because he "never expected to meet anyone as wonderful" as me. We did a vasectomy reversal in November 2012, after we got engaged and set a wedding date, and it initally appeared that it had worked, but by the time he went back for additional checks it was clear something hadn't worked right- my RE suspects scar tissue developed. I made an appointment with an RE in September and did all the testing in October and there weren't any issues on my part and my Day 3 u/s had 12 follicles which didn't concern my RE. Because of the low sperm count (less than 4 million on the last test before we started any treatement) we were directed to IVF with ICSI. Because my husband had had a vasectomy, insurance wouldn't cover the procedure or the meds, however the clinic did honor the insurance rate on the IVF which was slightly cheaper than the published fee. I got my meds through Freedom Fertility.

I did 19 days of BCP to "calm" my ovaries and started the Gonal-F and Menopur on 1/4 and moved on to Ganirelix at the end. Had 8 follicles greater than 19 and did trigger shot on 1/14. I mentioned to my RE that it didn't seem like a lot and he said he wasn't sure that it may have just been a bad month, but that if we had to do it again he would adjust my meds. We did ER on 1/16 and they retrieved 9, 7 were mature and 4 fertilized. When I asked about that he thought it was related to issues with the sperm and would have expected 5 or 6 to fertilize. I was originally scheduled for Day 3 ET with two embryos "good" and the other two still developing; on the morning of Day 3, the nurse called and said because the two were doing so well they wanted to push back to Day 5 because they wanted to only transfer one embryo. However, on Day 5, right before the transfer when they were having me sign agreeing to transfer just one, they told me that the embryos had changed and now one was "fair" and the other was "below fair and not graded" and the other two were only very slowly developing. I was pretty upset and insisted they transfer both. I feel like they wanted to wait to Day 5 because they didn't want to transfer on Day 3 two "good" embryos and risk twins, but I am now worried that their decision to wait may have cost me since we did not have anything to freeze (and they seemed to say that they didn't expect the second embryo to survive freezing, which is why I insisted they use it, too). 

My beta test is scheduled for 2/3 and I'm very optimistic and hopeful, but also worried because we will have to start all over again if it didn't work and the expense is tremendous, financially, emotionally, and time-wise. I really, really feel for those of you who have gone through this multiple times- this is certainly not for wimps.

Carol

-I'm not sure if I did my profile right, so I don't know if my tagline will post or not.   

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

Re: Intro - possibly more info that anyone could want

• Options
    Welcome. Hope your stay is short. I don't have any advice as I'm on my first ivf and haven't gotten very far yet. I just wanted to wish you luck. You have found a great place to be. The ladies here are very insightful and helpful. [:
    TTC Since 2012
    Me: Endo Stage IV (20+yrs) (who knew? Not me)
    MyLove: Pretty Ok. Low #s (i think) 
    IVF#1: No Eggs to Retrieve
    Taking time to ourselves
     Poor Responder will add COQ10 & DHEA next cycle
    **All Welcome**

• Options
    Hi & welcome. Good luck with your beta. I hope this is all you need!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi and welcome!  I hope you have a great beta and don't have to go through it again.  :)  GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    Welcome and lots of luck!
    ***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
  • Options
    Thanks for welcoming me!

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

• Options
    Welcome! I wish you lots of luck!! I believe something was wrong with my protocol as well. My AFC was 31+. My dr had me trigger when i had 2 follicles at 19mm. the rest were between 11 and 16. At retrieval, we got 22 eggs. Only 8 were mature. I've heard that the first cycle is often experimental because the RE doesn't know who you will respond. This is terribly unfortunate for those of us who are 100% out of pocket. I hope this worked for you and that you won' t  have to go through another round.  

******Siggy Warning**************

Me 29 - no known issues ( Highest FSH 10.1??) 
    DH- 36 - quite the perfect man!
    TTC since 1/2011
    IUI #1 March 2012 
    BETA #1  BFP
    B/O at 6 weeks D&C @ 10 weeks 
    IUI #2-7 (2012)= BFN
    IVF  Jan 14 - Follistim, Ganirelix
    22R, 8M, 8F
    ET  (1-14-14) - 1 Grade A 8 cell = BFN
    FET (2-18-14)  1 grade A 12 cell and one early morula!
    BETA #1 (3-3-14) =1,389  p4 17.4
    BETA #2  (3-5-14) = 4,553 u/s showed one small g sac
    U/S #2      (3-17-14) Shows two little beans with heartbeats!!! TWINS!! 
                                       Heartbeats were 119 & 120 beans measured (6 weeks 1 day) (6 weeks 2 days)
    found out at 20 weeks that baby B went to heaven
    11/12/14 Baby girl arrived :)
    FET (1-24-16) Grade A early morula 
    BETA #1 300 p4. 11.1 
    BETA#2 1300
    u/s d 1 tiny babe :)
    10/7/16 another sweet baby girl
    4/18 SURPRISE + HPT 
    Beta #1 6 weeks 16,202 p4. 13.2

• Options
    Welcome & best of luck to you!

Me (36) - LOR, DH (34) - MFI (low count & poor motility)

TTC since 01/2012

11/2012-04/2013 Unmonitored Clomid cycles through OB/GYN; Referred to RE

05/2013-Benched due to cyst

06/2013 - Clomid 50 mg + HCG Trigger + TI = BFN

07/2013 - Clomid 50 mg + HCG Trigger + IUI #1 = BFN

08/2013 - Clomid 50 mg + HCG Trigger + IUI #2 = BFN

09/2013 - Benched for lap & hysteroscopy (Stage II Endo Removed)

10/2013 - Menopur + HCG Trigger + IUI #3 = BFN

11/2013 - Menopur + HCG Trigger + IUI #4 = BFN

12/2013 - Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI #5 = BFN

2/2014 - IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare Protocol - 5R/4M/4F w/ICSI; 2 embies transferred on day 3 (none to freeze)

2/27/14 - First BFP Ever!!!  EDD 11/3/14

• Options
    Welcome. Good luck!

DH 38- Low Everything
    Me 33- AMH .9
    Married 11 years
    2002-current IUIs, meds, natural = All BFN

Aug. '13  Attempt at IVF #1 with Lurpon Flare- Canceled due to ovulation through Lupron.
    Sept. '13 - We will try again with EPP.

October '13 Started BCP for December IVF. Long Lupron protocol. Canceled due to ovulation through Lupron.

April '14 Planning IVF attempt #3. Adding Cetrotide. Doc consult at the end of this month. 

imageimage                                                   

• Options

Welcome and good luck!

I am sorry you experienced results below your expectation.  I was diagnosed DOR at 30 primarily because of my response to my first IVF protocol but I also had slightly elevated FSH.  That said, my AFC at the start of that cycle was slightly higher than yours.  Even so, I ended up with only 4 eggs retrieved and 3 that fertilized.  Sometimes it is the protocol and hopefully in your case it is.  But, I have been told that at age 35 my AFCs of 12 are pretty low.  Hopefully you don't have to worry about anything, though, because one of the embryos transferred decides to stick around.  Good luck!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    Hi! We're timed out very similarly, and had the same drug program. I also had 4 ready to go, with two 8 celled at 3 days, one 6 cell and one 4 cell. My dr. was much more aggressive than yours, I'm guessing due to my age (44). He transferred all 4 embryos at 3 days. 

I hope that one of them found a place to plant and that you have a great outcome!

Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"