August 2011 Moms
Options

Randoms

1.  I'm wearing a t-shirt from 1994. 

2.  Oddly enough, I have a couple of t-shirts from the 90's that have survived all these years.

3.  I'm letting both DD's naps go on far too long, but only because I'm home alone through dinner with them.  If they're going to stay up late, at least DH will be here to help out later!

4.  I'm so sick of this cold weather.  And I'm even more sick of the disgusting state of my floors since we've had snow and/or rock salt on the ground for weeks on end now.  I really need to get some kind of mat or boot trays going in the foyer.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Randoms

• Options
    My baby has been a real boob monster these past 24 hours. I don't really mind. It gives me an excuse to fark around on the computer :)

Today is the day I put up wall decals in the girls room. I hope they like them. I got these: 
    and I think (or hope so anyways) they will look perfect with the girls bedding (https://www.jysk.ca/patchwork-duvet-cover.html)

I want to try my hand at fondant icing. WIsh me luck.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Melissa - I feel the SAME way about our floors! I have a large rug, a long runner rug, and TWO boot trays... it doesn't matter. There is so much salt and white smears all over my hardwood floors it is ridiculous! 

Mama Ha - Love the decals! DS is always a boob monster, I can't imagine he will self wean anytime soon.

Randoms... hmmmmm...

We had a giant box in our living room yesterday that we cut windows and a door into. The kids loved it! They played, giggled, squealed, peek-a-booed and jumped around for over an hour in that thing. Proves that boxes are the very best toys!

The work pants that I am wearing are at least 6 years old and they are far too large. 

We have had record January for the amount of snow, the most ever recorded. I am enjoying it. I love snow. People are constantly complaining about it and it is annoying. When the seasons change and it is over 80 degrees in the summer they will complain then too. I like the season changes people, that is why I love Michigan. I wish people would just enjoy what is in the moment and stop their bitching! I could do without the super cold temperatures though, then we could at least go outside any play in the snow. Good reason to cuddle down inside though!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have had record January for the amount of snow, the most ever recorded. I am enjoying it. I love snow. People are constantly complaining about it and it is annoying. When the seasons change and it is over 80 degrees in the summer they will complain then too. I like the season changes people, that is why I love Michigan. I wish people would just enjoy what is in the moment and stop their bitching! I could do without the super cold temperatures though, then we could at least go outside any play in the snow. Good reason to cuddle down inside though!

I couldn't agree with you more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @kimbus22 I was the same with the TV with DD1.  I was just so very exhausted with the second pregnancy, the whole way through, putting on the TV was the only way for me to get a rest!  And now it's the only thing guaranteed to keep her quiet for 20 mins when I put the baby down for a nap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

I couldn't agree with you more.
    I used to love snow. But now 7 days a week in my house one or both people HAVE to go to work either at 10:30 at night or 6:30 am.  Which means all snow removal is done in the freezing cold and pitch black. I don't hate snow. I hate that it makes driving so dangerous.
    Fair enough. I should add that usually when I make this statement I use the disclaimer that I don't actually have to leave the comfort of my home on a daily basis to commute to a job. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    DH and I are barely speaking today.  He thinks I'm being a bitch but hasn't thought to ask why I'm so upset.  So fuck him. 

@kimbus22 OK I do NOT find it funy you and your DH are fighting but I DO find it funny how blunt you are. I hope he gets his act together. Pregnancy is seriously so hard on a marriage for some reason. I empathize.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:
    DH and I are barely speaking today.  He thinks I'm being a bitch but hasn't thought to ask why I'm so upset.  So fuck him. 

@kimbus22 OK I do NOT find it funy you and your DH are fighting but I DO find it funny how blunt you are. I hope he gets his act together. Pregnancy is seriously so hard on a marriage for some reason. I empathize.
    imageimage
  • Options
    @kimbus22 oh nooo! you can't leave me hanging like that!

Well, I shall work on my patience while you do the bedtime routine. Meanwhile, I am glad you've been vindicated.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Kimbus22 said:

I'll fill you guys in later.  Shit has hit the fan around here.  Bleh.  Gotta get Joey to bed though...
    I'm sorry to hear that @Kimbus22 :( 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"