Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

GERD...

We've been having a lot of reflux issues with my little girl, we've been thickening with Gelmix for 2 months (working great) but she was still having problems and not gaining very well so her Dr. started her on Zantac, 15mg/ml-0.5ml-3 times daily, I gave her first dose and about 20 minutes after she had the worse crying spell she's ever had. She cried for 15 minutes straight and nothing would soothe her. I think it might of been gas because she was tooting a lot (and it was pretty forceful too). Is it possible just one dose of Zantac did this? I'm scared to give her another dose!

Re: GERD...

• Options
    We use axid and it takes a week to build up in her system. I doubt it was the medicine. I'm not familiar with gelmix bc we use rice cereal, Idk if that makes a difference or not.

We had to change formula due to gassiness and do axid reflux medicine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I doubt the Zantac did it. Sounds like gas to me. My LO sometimes throws up not long after I give him Zantac, but giving him his meds coincides with a meal as does spitting up/throwing up so I can't say there's a real correlation.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I doubt it was the Zantac. It was probably just gas.
  • Options
    Zantac absolutely can cause gas/stomach/bloating/intestinal issues -  it did for my LO so the pedi switched him to Prevacid. We've had no issues with the Prevacid.
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"