June 2013 Moms

Yogurt

Has anyone started yogurt yet with your LO? If so, what serving size do you typically give?

We did organic whole milk yogurt today with LO, but I'm not sure if we should give him more or less than we did.

Re: Yogurt

• My LO can eat an entire tub of the gerber strawberry!
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • For those of you who use the pre-measured containers, do you know how much is in each container? We bought one big container.
  • Another Greek yogurt here. He gets about one or two tablespoons, 3 to 4 times a week. I give it to him plain or sometimes mix apple puree and cinnamon.
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • +Preppy+ said:

I haven't started yogurt with DD yet. With DS, we did plain, whole milk greek yogurt. I then added in fruit purees like strawberry, etc. I think its so much cheaper. I'd buy a whole bin for me and DS for the week. A lot cheaper than buying baby yogurt. I plan to go this route with DD soon.

That's what we did--one big container, had him try a couple of bites plain to see if he would like it (which he did), then mixed banana with the rest of his serving for today.
  • I bought the yobaby kind and we tried it last week. He liked it! He ate probably half of the container each time.
  • We did Gerber Strawberry today. I gave him 1/2 the container too.
  • Greek yogurt and I add fruit.   DD eats this 3x week for breakfast, about 1/4 cup yogurt but not all of that ends up in her mouth. 

this, but he gets it most mornings.

• We just started. Like some PPs, I just bought a big container of whole milk plain Greek yogurt and mix it with some fruit. She only eats a few spoonfuls before she gets bored (she just generally hates being spoon fed, if I give her the spoon it all goes to the dog before hitting her mouth)
    div style="text-align: center;">

• I bought a big container of plain yogurt and give her about 2-3 tbsp with 1 tbsp of fruit. She won't eat it plain and I dont blame her, plain yogurt is gross lol.

• +Preppy+ said:

I haven't started yogurt with DD yet. With DS, we did plain, whole milk greek yogurt. I then added in fruit purees like strawberry, etc. I think its so much cheaper. I'd buy a whole bin for me and DS for the week. A lot cheaper than buying baby yogurt. I plan to go this route with DD soon.

+1. Plus greek yogurt is high in protein which I like for LO.

• Not to thread-jack here, but I have a question - Did any of you notice an upset tummy or anything after feeding yogurt?
  • Our doc said to me last week to hold off until about 8mo or so.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Murphie82 said:
    Not to thread-jack here, but I have a question - Did any of you notice an upset tummy or anything after feeding yogurt?
    LO took an extra poop after the yogurt and maybe was slightly gassier, but nothing too out of the ordinary.
  • Correction: she loved it until a couple of days ago, when she decided that food on a spoon was not for her. 
    My little guy has made the same decision. Its pretty amusing since he is still working on his pincer grip :)
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• My LO loves yogurt.  She has been eating since 6 months (our pedi said no problem).  She can eat an entire container of yobaby/yotoddler.  She gets it probably 3-4 times a week.  She truly can't get enough and I haven't seen any tummy problems

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"