Late Term and Child Loss

PAL Checkin

Welcome to Friday PAL Checkin! This CheckIn is for everyone who is parenting after a loss. If you have an older child or a rainbow baby or both you are welcome to share here. 

I hope everyone is having a good week. If anyone has any suggestions for questions, please don't be shy! 

Where are you in your PAL journey?

What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently?

QOTW: How has parenting a rainbow impacted your SO/DH? How had it influenced your relationship with one another?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?
Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: PAL Checkin

• Where are you in your PAL journey?
    Wondering if we should TTC.

DD is 4. She seems to be doing well, but there are times she says things that make me so sad. We were at a birthday party and someone asked if the kids had siblings, and all the kids were yelling yes and Mia said "no, my baby died."  Crushing. 

QOTW: How has parenting a rainbow impacted your SO/DH? How had it influenced your relationship with one another?
    I think it's brought us closer. 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @mingaling2

Its heartbreaking to hear that your DD said that. It is hard when we realize how much what has happen has taken a toll on their life as well. Big ((hugs)) to you! 
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • Where are you in your PAL journey?
    Wondering if we should TTC.

DD is 4. She seems to be doing well, but there are times she says things that make me so sad. We were at a birthday party and someone asked if the kids had siblings, and all the kids were yelling yes and Mia said "no, my baby died."  Crushing. 

QOTW: How has parenting a rainbow impacted your SO/DH? How had it influenced your relationship with one another?
    I think it's brought us closer. 

I think the hardest thing about this is losing my son's brother. I wanted to give him this gift so bad. I don't know if I can try for another child. I'm 37, with 3 losses. I don't know if I could function with another loss.

((Hugs)) to you.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• Lurking to see how all you special moms are doing.
    rsigler said:
    What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently? Dealing with lots of insensitive comments about our rainbow being my first. I expect that from people who don't know me very well, but it's really hard to hear from people who are close to me and know how difficult this journey has been.  
    This makes me so mad and sad for you.  It's so hard to hear that people forget or don't think that Virginia counts as your first.  It so insensitive.  I mean, if you lost a parent or sibling, would you say they never existed?  Of course not!  This is also a big fear for me, that people will think Stella didn't count.  I guess that's one of the reasons why I STILL haven't told our family we're pregnant again. 

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • DD is 4. She seems to be doing well, but there are times she says things that make me so sad. We were at a birthday party and someone asked if the kids had siblings, and all the kids were yelling yes and Mia said "no, my baby died."  Crushing. 
    This just breaks my heart. I'm so sorry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • rsigler said:

Dealing with lots of insensitive comments about our rainbow being my first. I expect that from people who don't know me very well, but it's really hard to hear from people who are close to me and know how difficult this journey has been.

This just makes me so sad and upset for you. Very insensitive. ((Hugs)) and mastisis is such a pain! I had it multiple times with DS1 and it was so painful! Hope you feel better soon!

DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • @MCH77

It really is. I'm 36 and the age thing is weighing heavily on me as well. 

EDD 12/24/15

• rsigler said:
    Dealing with lots of insensitive comments about our rainbow being my first. I expect that from people who don't know me very well, but it's really hard to hear from people who are close to me and know how difficult this journey has been. 

This makes me so upset for you :(

EDD 12/24/15

• @stefuge:  I know :(  But I have to keep telling myself that she is okay, the pediatrician says she is handling this as well as one could expect (or better, I guess). 

She doesn't seem sad, which is so important to me.  She drew a picture of a heart the other day for "her baby sister because I love her" and it was really sweet.

EDD 12/24/15

• Where are you in your PAL journey? Trying to value the extra time that we will have as a family of 3 while also getting excited about TTC.

What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently? PAL has actually been the least challenging part of our loss. Brynn is young enough to still that I don't think she feels like she's lost anything. Next challenge is potty training :)

QOTW: How has parenting a rainbow impacted your SO/DH? How had it influenced your relationship with one another?  We don't have our rainbow yet but are very hopeful and I honestly think that the pregnancy will be much scarier than once we (fingers crossed) bring a healthy baby home.  The loss has helped us talk more about the health aspects of our lives and making sure that there is nothing that we have control over that could affect the health of our family. DH has started on a great weight loss plan and I'm so excited for him and us :)

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  TTC in a few weeks- excited and terrified

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• Where are you in your PAL journey? Anna will be 13 months/10 adjusted this month. Patricia should be two next month. 

What are some PAL challenges you have faced recently? I posted about this on the Preemie board, but we have had a really rough couple of weeks and the other day I found myself wishing Anna was never born. It's because parenting Anna has been so hard and I wished she were Patricia. Usually I wish Patricia were here with Anna, not that she were here instead of Anna. It was tough. We got pregnant with Anna 4 months after Patricia was born at 31 weeks so it would've been possible to have them both, but not likely seeing as I'm still BFing at a year and haven't gotten my cycle back. Good job if you followed all that! I think it was just me being really overwhelmed with everything and that's how it manifested. Obviously, I love Anna and am happy that she is alive. 

QOTW: How has parenting a rainbow impacted your SO/DH? How had it influenced your relationship with one another? I think it would be much more healing for both of us if we had a typical rainbow, but it's impossible to know. Our relationship is very complicated and that probably has more to do with parenting a SN child and our general life circumstances than it does with Patricia's death. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  DH and I do need to spend some time together soon. I'll try to plan something for this weekend so we're not out with the masses next weekend for Valentine's day. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • @jbranden12 - I'm so sorry things have been so rough lately with Anna. I remember having those thoughts of wishing DS hadn't been born or that things had been different, and this isn't to compare or say "I know how you feel" cause I hate that, just that what you are feeling is normal. Our DS had a variety of medical concerns and developmental delays his first two years and it was overwhelming - not at all what I was expecting as a first time mom. Having a child labeled SN is tough. So many ((hugs)) and I'm glad you're feeling better.

• Thanks @stefuge , I appreciate it!

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"