November 2013 Moms
Options

Pumping at work

How long and how often do you pump at work?

Re: Pumping at work

• Options

I feed the babe from the boob right before i leave then pump 3 times for about 10 min each.

• Options
    Sorry to piggy back on your original question OP, but how much do you get when you pump?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pump 3x a day for 20min so about every 3 hours. I usually end up with 15oz for the next day. If I don't pump the full 20 min, I don't nearly enough. 
  • Options
    I get about 5 oz the first two times and 4 oz the 3rd time.
  • Options
    I pump when I get in at 7:15, then again at 10:30 and at 1:30. i can usually get 4-5 oz in 10 min. 
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    I nurse at 7am before we leave. Then I pump at 9/9:30, 12 and 2:30/3. I end up with about 9oz, which is all I (he) needs for the next day. We nurse again when we get home at 5pm and again around 7:30/8pm. Then it's bed time. And there's one or sometimes two MOTN nursing sessions.
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    0200 nurse R while hand express L 3-5oz
    0530 nurse
    0630 nurse other side
    0700 pump 20 min and drive 3-6oz
    1000 pump 20 min 4-6oz
    1230 pump 20min 4-5oz
    3 or 4 if I am not going to be leaving by 430 pump 4-5oz
    BF intermittently from time home to 1000

today I brought home 19oz + 4.5oz MOTN.  BFing is my passive exercise!
    5/08- blighted ovum, spont ab; 2/20/09- epi, VAVD, Girl! breastfed 24mo; 10/10- blighted ovum, spon ab; 12/10- no fetal pole, Cytotec; 11/20/11- unmedicated SVD, Girl! breastfed 18mo; 11/7/13- unmedicated SVD, breastfed 18mo; 2/11/16- unmedicated SVD, exclusively pumping to at least a year.

• Options
    I pump at 6:30am right before work, then on my lunch break for roughly 20 min. Then again after work when I get to my mom's to pick my LO up. My work is awesome (complete sarcasm they actually wrote me up for my maternity clothes).
  • Options
    Initially I pumped 2x but my supply tanked, so I settled into a schedule of 3x similar to Bsnipes35's. Plus I had to power pump in the evening occasionally to keep supply up. I had oversupply at home, but my job is stressful and my cycle starting (despite EBF).

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I feed on both sides either 7 or 8... then pump again between 9-10. Then around noon OR I stop home (I live down the street) and feed J real quick. Then again between 3-4. Only for 10 minutes, both sides and I can get anywhere between 6oz-10z altogether. 

Married 12.10.11 -  DH:26 ME:26
    Hodgkin's Lymphoma 5.09 - Lupron shots - Last chemo 10.14.09 - Remission 12.09 
                                                             Missing my April '13 & September '13 angel babies ... Always in my heart <3<3
    Luck & Love to our first foster on a forever home - 4.13-7.13
    BFP#3 2.23.13 EDD: 11.3.2013 Daily shots of Enoxaparin
    Beta#1: 300 - Started Crinone-Beta#2: 1680 - 7w3d HB@146 - 9w3d HB@173 
    Jackson - October 29th 2013 - Via C-section - 6lbs 10oz 19in
    BFP#4 10.14.15 EDD June 2016 waiting for blood work
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I just came back to work today and am actually pumping now! I started this schedule on Monday! Wake up at 5:15am and pump (get about 10oz), feed LO at 6:45, then I pump at 9:30/10am (got about 7oz), pump again at 12:30 (got about 4-5oz), and I'm pumping for the last time at work now at 2:30/3pm and I've gotten another 4-5oz. Play around with the let down button on your pump. I will let down and get a couple oz and milk will stop flowing but I'll hit the let down button and I'll get a couple more oz out!
  • Options

22snc12 said:

I pump at 6:30am right before work, then on my lunch break for roughly 20 min. Then again after work when I get to my mom's to pick my LO up. My work is awesome (complete sarcasm they actually wrote me up for my maternity clothes).

You got written up for maternity clothes? Please explain @22snc12
    Yeah among a bunch of other write ups that started once I got preg. I had skirt on (length was to my knees) and apparently that was unacceptable even though they told me in the write up any shorts or skirts had to be fingertip length. I stood up and put my hands to my sides...way past fingertip. The owner's wife also told me I couldn't eat anything during the day unless it was on either of my two breaks or lunch when I was 7 months preg. As, I turn around after she tells me this her daughter is eating grapes. And everyone else is allowed to eat whenever. Owner's wife hates me w a passion.
  • Options

I just came back to work today and am actually pumping now! I started this schedule on Monday! Wake up at 5:15am and pump (get about 10oz), feed LO at 6:45, then I pump at 9:30/10am (got about 7oz), pump again at 12:30 (got about 4-5oz), and I'm pumping for the last time at work now at 2:30/3pm and I've gotten another 4-5oz. Play around with the let down button on your pump. I will let down and get a couple oz and milk will stop flowing but I'll hit the let down button and I'll get a couple more oz out!

This sounds like a major oversupply!! (And I'm secretly jealous, because I'm worried I'll lose my supply when I go back to work.)
    It may be oversupply but I'm okay with it because I've never had a problem with getting engorged or leaking. It has seemed that my supply adjusts really well to what I'm doing so your supply will change accordingly and to keep up just pump a little longer for 3-4 days if you want more milk to be produced the next week. I have a great supply built up so LO can have milk for after I'm done nursing.

• Options
    Bringing this thread back to ask some questions to you moms. Going back to work next week and wondering about supply dropping...has this happened to anyone yet? What are you doing to bring it back up?
    The day care provider made a comment about letting her know which formula I prefer. I explained that I will be pumping and she said with a smirk "that is what they all say until their supply drops." Asshole!! I was so mad and so worried at the same time!!!! Please share an update if you are experiencing supply issues now that you are at work!!
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    What a bitch! I'm not back until next week, but I've been pumping every five hours (say 8am, 1pm, 6pm - I'm hoping to just do 1 pump at work) and my supply hasn't dropped yet. 
  • Options
    I pump at 6:30am before work, then once at work at noon and not again until 5:00 pm when I get to my mom's to pick up my LO and the. Again at about 9:00 pm. My work sucks! But my supply drops by Friday the amount I get at work from 4, 2.5 oz bags on Monday through Wednesday, to 3, 2 oz bags on Thursday, and Friday I'm down to 2, 2 oz bags. Hope that made sense. So on Sat and Sunday I spend pumping every 2-3 hrs during the day til about 10pm and supply goes back up and then over the week goes down again. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    @elroda I have been back to work since the 6th. I pump twice a day and get about 10oz. I have consistently gotten this amount. Just remember to drink enough during the day!

• Options
    elroda said:

Bringing this thread back to ask some questions to you moms. Going back to work next week and wondering about supply dropping...has this happened to anyone yet? What are you doing to bring it back up?
    The day care provider made a comment about letting her know which formula I prefer. I explained that I will be pumping and she said with a smirk "that is what they all say until their supply drops." Asshole!! I was so mad and so worried at the same time!!!! Please share an update if you are experiencing supply issues now that you are at work!!

I would of slapped a bitch!
    But yes I did lose my supply for about 18 hours. I started working out and I guess I wasn't taking in enough calories because I went from pumping 4-6 ounces in 5 minutes to barely 2 in 15!!!! I panicked! But I asked @AmyG what to do @ 7:00 pm and she said to eat a hearty meal, drink powerade and eat a huge bowl of oatmeal for breakfast. I did that and had it back by 10:00 am!!!! So keep oatmeal on hand and make sure you're eating enough calories.
  • Options
    As always thank you for posting helpful info. I definitely had a few choice words for the lady but since I'm scrambling for DC I didn't want to burn the bridge. Luckily another provider called us with an opening so u won't have to choose this person who doesn't believe in my tit-tays!!! To recap, eat well, drink it up, and pump frequently. Thank you thank you!
    imageimageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"