Baby Showers

Second baby shower (after birth) themes

My DH's GMA wants to host a baby shower for her side of the family after our DS is born (due in April) - he will be the first great grandchild.  It will be held at the family lake cabin, where many great aunts/uncles, cousins, second cousins, etc. will probably be invited.  My sisters and mom are hosting a shower before DS is born.  Are there any 'themes' we could suggest to DH's GMA so that guests won't feel obligated to buy 'big' gifts?  I.e. books, toys, clothes?  Thanks for the help!

Re: Second baby shower (after birth) themes

• sschwegesschwege member
    edited January 2014
    Guests are going to spend what they are going to spend and there's really no polite way to ask guests to bring certain things.  Create a registry that only has the items you have listed.

I will say though that a book themed shower would be a cute idea, though of course that doesn't mean people are going to bring you books nor should that be indicated on the invitation.  
  • Isn't "Baby Shower" a theme enough?

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • I agree with the PP's - either call it a 'meet the baby party' so guests won't feel obligated to bring gifts, or when you create a registry do it at a store like Target where you can register for just a variety of small stuff like books, diapers, etc.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"