February 2014 Moms
Options

PSA - fancy pregnant-lady cocktail!

edited January 2014 in February 2014 Moms
Okay, so maybe this isn't deserving of a whole post of its own, but this made me so happy the other night that I had to share. 

Anyone out there seriously missing booze? There's something so satisfying about a glass of wine or beer after dinner or a cocktail when you're you're unwinding for the day in front of the tube, non? It's been nine freakin' months, and every time DH has a nice tasty drink at the end of the day I get so jealous! My glass of milk just wont do. So, determined, I went to the fridge, made a pile of ingredients, and concocted my own fancy preggo cocktail like a mad scientist. I was so satisfied with it! 

1. Find your fanciest glass. Wine glass, martini glass, etc. Fill 1/4 the way with crushed ice. (WE GETTIN' FANCY I TELL YOU)
2. Locate raspberries or blackberries or some other kind of berry. Berries are decadent. Take three or four and smash them up with a fork or mortar and pestle. Add to glass. 
3. Add an ounce of pomegranate juice. 
4. Squeeze a bunch of lime into it. 
5. Fill glass to the top with fizzy water. 

It will turn the most delightful princess-y colour, and the crushed ice and berry-smash will make it look extra special, like it was made by some snob at an actual martini bar. Put your feet up and SIP! (Variation: I found a recipe for "pregnant lady champagne" on new year's eve, and it was divine. Equal parts ginger ale and white grape juice. It actually tastes vaguely boozy too, lol) 

Re: PSA - fancy pregnant-lady cocktail!

• Options
    OP, you have just added to my grocery list! That looks so fancy :)
  • Options
    Oooh- Fancy shmancy!  I still want a cosmo... but this might hold me over.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is totally worth a post. I'm going to try it. I have been missing martinis like nobody's business. I've recently broken out the Waterford Crystal I was gifted for my wedding to drink sparkling juice for this very reason. It's nice to feel like you are enjoying a swanky drink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"