August 2011 Moms
Options

Picture dump

Apparently January was "take a million pictures of your kids" month. And now you lucky ladies get to see a few of my favourites...

This month, I tried my hand at bread making for the first time of my life. I think it's fair to say it was a success and I need to do it more often.

Baby Boy just turned 9 months old. He's *thisclose* to finally being able to sit unassisted 

*Thisclose*, but not quite there yet. oops.

Thanks to Mother Nature's crazy mood swings, we've spent a lot of time indoors.

We've been doing crafts

And just hanging out

Imaginary cooking is fun, but nothing beats the real thing!
DD1 also started taking dance classes. The first class didn't go so well. She just stood there with her hands in her mouth. I must admit I was really disappointed because she had been talking about it for months and so I really expected her to jump for joy when we got there.image

Buuuuut then we came home and she dug this "ballerina skirt" out of her costume chest and suddenly she was ready to give it another try. The clothes may not make the man, but they certainly help when it comes to making a 4-year old like a true ballerina :)

I was so proud of DD1 after that one class I treated her to a new skirt (one that actually fits) - DD2 inherited the old one, much to her delight.

imageimage

We are finally seeing the light at the end of the sleep deprivation tunnel. Baby Boy has been STTN'ish for a week straight. He woke up at 2:45 last night because of a poopie diaper (WTH?!) but hopefully that was just a fluke. Looks like CIO is finally paying off. Although it's hard sometimes not to just nurse/rock/hold him til he falls asleep. I mean look at him. He's just so peaceful and content. *sigh*
Also, we had some friends over for lunch yesterday. DD2 and their 14 month old really hit it off. 

Hmmm... maybe they got along a little too well. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Picture dump

• Options
    Oh I'm LOVING your photo dump! Does DD2 use the scissors well? I'm impressed. I hate doing CIO too... And I love cuddling sleeping babes but it's great to actually kinda STN.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh I'm LOVING your photo dump! Does DD2 use the scissors well? I'm impressed. I hate doing CIO too... And I love cuddling sleeping babes but it's great to actually kinda STN.
    She doesn't use them very well, no. She manages to make one cut but doesn't know how to keep going, so she ends up making cuts all around her piece of paper. Gotta start somewhere, right?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always love seeing your photos :x I love bread making! Baguettes are actually so easy and yum!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    OMG so sweet!  I love the two of baby boy in his car, especially the one where he is slouching down.  So cute!

DD1's most favorite thing is to help me out in the kitchen.  I'm looking to get us some matching aprons from etsy.  I really really want to try my hand at making bread, but I have zero baking skills outside of boxed brownies.  I think I'm going to give it a try soon, though, I'm ready to take on a new kitchen challenge. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    @melissa0726

On the aprons: That was on my Christmas list for the girls last year but it just didn't happen. Hopefully this year.

On the bread making: It is surprisingly easy. You might want to hit Youtube to find a video on kneading, but other than that, I promise you can do it :)
  • Options
    Cute!!!!!!
  • Options
    Too cute for words!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"