Minnesota Babies
Options

Anyone deliver at St. Joe's

Hi! We just found out we're expecting #1 in October. I currently see Southdale OBGYN - who delivers at Southdale or Ridges. I'm looking at other places to deliver, and really like what the healtheast system seems to offer. St. Joe's wouldn't be too far for us since we live in Bloomington. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for OB/midwives in the healtheast system - or would mid sharing their experience at St. Joes. 

Thanks!

Re: Anyone deliver at St. Joe's

• Options
    I don't have experience at St.Joe's, but I do see the HealthEast Nurse Midwives and I LOVE them!!! I see the midwives that deliver primarily at Woodwinds since that is where I am closest to, but I have seen a couple midwives who deliver at St.Joe's. I would definitely check them out, they have an upcoming event where you can meet the midwives and get questions answered and such too. The next one is at Woodwinds on Feb 11th at 7pm, otherwise the next one isn't until May 12th, but that one is going to be held at St.Joe's 
    TTC since August 2009
    Clomid for 6 cycles starting August 2010- O but no BFP
    SA Septemeber 2010 Looking good 
    HSG September 2010 All clear 
    1st RE visit May 2011 - IUI#1 June 20, 2011: BFN
    IUI #2 July 31 2011: BFP - m/c @ 5w1d
    Surprise BFP on a break cycle 10/4/11, Due June 4, 2012, Born 6/9/2012
    TTC Blog
    TTC#2 : Cycles 1-3 Protocol 1500mg Metformin Daily, Femara + Ovidrel, Progresterone support 
    HSG#2 November 2013 All clear
    Cycle 4 Metformin, Femara, Bravelle, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFP
    Little Lady Born 8/28/2014

"There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see, 
    the beauty of love as it was made to be"
    Mumford & Sons
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Delivered there twice with our family doctor and had a great experience both times.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I loved the health east midwives! I planned on delivering at St Joe's- but when I called when my water broke, they were FULL!! So I ended up going to woodwinds (same midwives!). It was amazing. Rooms twice as big as st joe's. Grounds to walk outside. Free acupuncture and healing touch for pain management. Also- my car got broken into in the parking garage at st joe's when I was there for a prenatal class.
  • Options
    I really liked St. Joe's.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am going to be delivering at st.joes and i see the Healtheast midwives and i love them!! i toured st.joes and it was amazing! obviously woodwinds is newer and nicer but i have heard so many amazing things about the nurses at st.joes and my midwives couldnt say enough nice things about st. joes. i am doing a natural birth and my midwive is so supportive of any decisions i make and st.joes is also very natural birth friendly if your looking for that route.

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh congrats on your baby! Hey I know the Health East Midwives deliver at St.Joesph and I absolutely had the best care in my life there.  I was so glad that I had switched from Alina to Health East through the end of my second trimester.  I had a scheduled c-section there and had 3 nurses assigned to me during the entire process. (All of my nurses were unique in their own way and helped me tremendously) They let my fiance carry our daughter from the OR straight to our room and she stayed with us the entire stay but they do offer giving you breaks if you need time to sleep or go for a walk ect. They offer aromatherapy and gave me a light massage to help calm my nerves before my delivery.  The food is decent but they obviously allow you to keep your food and drink in a shared fridge. I HIGHLY recommend delivering at St Joes along with the health east midwives!! Best of luck to you!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"