December 2011 Moms
Options

Need potty chair recs

So we are behind the ball probably but DS is still not ready to potty train but am going to get a potty chair to get him used to it. I have no idea what to get. Do I get a potty chair and a seat for the toilet and have one for both the downstairs and upstairs? Recommendations of what brands? I saw baby bjorn gets really good reviews and need one that is good for boys. Also, do I train him to go standing up right away or sit down at first? I already have anxiety about training him standing up and him peeing everywhere. I grew up with 2 sisters so this is going to be interesting!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Need potty chair recs

• Options

We still have the potty chair from when my SD (now 11!) was potty training, so no luck there.  However, honestly, we used it a lot for DD but don't really use it much for DS yet.  When we take him we just take him to the bathroom and he sits on the big potty.  We have a seat for one at our cabin, but at home, he does just fine sitting on it w/o anything. 

Right now we are just sitting.  I don't want to think about the whole standing and getting pee everywhere! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thanks @kelly1109 and sorry I haven't emailed you back yet. Things have been crazy lately and I'm sure you are loving the weather as much as we are :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jmcmahon21 - No worries!  I actually was thinking that I was the one who hadn't written back yet!  Are you getting ready for B's tubes?  

And yeah this weather is awful.  The only good thing is when schools are closed there is no traffic on the way to and from work :) 

• Options
    We have the standalone Baby Bjorn potty in two bathrooms and the Baby Bjorn insert ring (for the big toilet) in the third bathroom. We really like the smaller standalone potty because it gives DS more autonomy - he can run into the bathroom, push his pants down, and go to the bathroom without help. Also, having his feet flat on the ground helps put his body in the right anatomical position to go #2. He's not a huge fan of having his legs dangling off the big toilet.

We do have him sit down to potty, unless he's outside (we've had a few road trip pit stops by the side of the road, lol).

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

• Options
    We have this one: https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-BLR97-Potty-Training-Froggy/dp/B00CSAWJPE and also a ring to put on the toilet, but he hates that a lot. Maybe we'll get to use it once he's older. 

I have heard a lot of good things about that frog potty I linked, especially for boys. It has that little "splash guard" in front that helps them to keep the pee in the potty, even when they don't push the penis down. 

Alex has interest in the potty for sure and always wants us to go pee, but has not ever actually done anything in the potty yet. DH just bought a bunch of underwear, just in case Alex really wants to start using the potty, so we'll have it washed and available. But I don't think it will happen before summer!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    Thank you ladies! I've gotten a lot of good recs so need to just figure out which one to get. Think I'll try sitting him down before having him stand up. Don't know if he'll even understand that!

@kelly1109 Yea you emailed me back I just suck at getting back to you :) I have his pre op appt on monday for a physical then tubes on the 13th. I'm not looking forward to it but want to get it over with!

• Options
    Jmcmahon21Jmcmahon21 member
    edited January 2014
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"