LGBT Parenting
Options

TTC Check-In

Good morning! How is everyone's TTC journey going? How are you doing?

**Reminder - if you have a BFP to announce, please do so in a new thread, not in the TTC Check-In. Thank you! :)

QOTW: What is a product/food/service that you splurge on no matter what?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check-In

• Options
    Good morning, friends. 

Well, we did two at-home ICI's this weekend, on the advice of or RE. After each insemination, DW and I did a meditation with Circle + Bloom and it was incredibly calming. I have been charting my temps and things look excellent. I do know that despite having every sign of ovulation, I could have not ovulated, so it is just a waiting game at this point that is out of our hands. I go in Thursday for progesterone blood work to verify ovulation and the following Thursday I go in for a beta test. 

DW and I aren't super hopeful due to the size of my follicles, but, everything else was perfect, so we shall see. 

QOTW: I would say Acupuncture. This is not a cheap course of treatment and it is starting to become too burdensome at this point, but my wife insists that I continue going. This is definitely a splurge because if I wasn't TTC, I wouldn't be going! 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Options
    HollynLeanaHollynLeana member
    edited January 2014
    Hi @goalieswife123 good luck to you this cycle! Does your RE monitor you even though you inseminate at home? I ask because...

I am now 12dpiui...and started spotting today. Lame. I'm pretty much counting myself out, even though there is the faintest glimmer of hope in my heart...so, today I am off, I want to get organized and I am going to start temping and charting this cycle (I haven't been the last two because my doc pretty much does all the work). DW and I want to try at home and take the clinical feel out of it. We never tried at home because we thought it better to jump straight into IUI. After reading some great stories on this board I am inspired to do this. Of course I have done some research but I have so many questions that I would appreciate any insight on from people who have actually lived it. Best days to inseminate? Is one sufficient? I know some do two? Preferred insemination tools? Anything that is easier or safer? I feel like some of these questions may be invasive, but also that we are all in the same boat...

Good luck to all the TTC'ers this week!

I splurge on organic everything. Sometimes I know it drives DW cray---the girl who would eat pop tarts for dinner---but it makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing for my health/my body/my future pregnant body! :D

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 
    1st IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 10/14/13... BFP 10/26/13...                                                         
    EDD 7/1/14 ...MMC 11/22/13...D&C 11/25/13

2nd IUI (clomid+ovidrel) 1/15/14...BFN 

3rd IUI (unmedicated) 2/12/14...BFN
    4th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 3/10/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 4/4/14...BFN
    home ICI (unmedicated) 5/2 & 5/3...BFN
    5th & 6th IUI (clomid + ovidrel) 5/28 & 5/29...BFN
    7th & 8th IUI (follistim & ovidrel) 6/24 & 6/25....BFN

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

Daisypath Friendship tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi @goalieswife123 good luck to you this cycle! Does your RE monitor you even though you inseminate at home? I ask because...

I am now 12dpiui...and started spotting today. Lame. I'm pretty much counting myself out, even though there is the faintest glimmer of hope in my heart...so, today I am off, I want to get organized and I am going to start temping and charting this cycle (I haven't been the last two because my doc pretty much does all the work). DW and I want to try at home and take the clinical feel out of it. We never tried at home because we thought it better to jump straight into IUI. After reading some great stories on this board I am inspired to do this. Of course I have done some research but I have so many questions that I would appreciate any insight on from people who have actually lived it. Best days to inseminate? Is one sufficient? I know some do two? Preferred insemination tools? Anything that is easier or safer? I feel like some of these questions may be invasive, but also that we are all in the same boat...

Good luck to all the TTC'ers this week!

I splurge on organic everything. Sometimes I know it drives DW cray---the girl who would eat pop tarts for dinner---but it makes me feel like I'm doing the right thing for my health/my body/my future pregnant body! :D
    Hi there, and thank you!

Yes, my RE is monitoring me throughout my cycle, even though I am doing at-home ICIs. Despite the monitoring by the RE, I was also charting my own cycles. I do this for a few reasons: (1) I need to have a little more control than just having someone tell me about my body (2) Sometimes I feel like I am more informed than the doc and that means I can be a better advocate and (3) Knowing your own body is very empowering. 

Had I not been doing my opks at home, my RE would not have had me come in for an LH blood test (which confirmed my surge). In that case, we would still be guessing whether or not our timing was off. If this cycle doesn't work, we are at least able to eliminate timing as a reason for a negative test. This will save us time and money in the long run. 

As far as "tools", it really depends on what you prefer and your body makeup. For us, we used "soft cups" for the first few inseminations and then we changed to a syringe method. After having multiple ultrasounds with the RE, we actually discovered that the syringe method is the best method for us because of my body. Again, this helps. DW can get the syringes from work, but I am certain you can order online as well. My RE was completely against the use of any catheter or speculum or anything like that. 

Best days depend on so many factors. I suggest you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and start charting your BBT, CM and opk tests. We charted for nearly a year before we started trying and we still needed to keep charting to determine when the best days were. I tend to O on CD 21 and so we wait for the positive opk and inseminate at least twice each cycle. For example, we did our ICI's on CD 19 and CD 20. 

Feel free to ask any other questions! Good luck this cycle!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN

• Options
    @goalieswife123 thank you so much! This is very helpful. One more question....do you guys use a particular sperm bank that you like? We have one but I'm curious as to which ones other couples use. Do you have the sperm delivered to you? Sorry it's a lot of questions. I think I will also post a thread asking other lesbian moms how they did it...it's all so interesting :O)

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 

**all are welcome**

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    Today is CD 36 for me. This is my longest cycle to date :/. I'm starting to wonder if Gonal-F not only made my period come very early but if it also made it very light and short. I'm tempted to call the RE's office, but I know 36 days really isn't that long in the whole scheme of things. I really have no indication that my period is even getting ready to start and usually I do. C's started the other day and I am always before her by a few days. I will probably call the RE's office later and just see what one of the nurses thinks. It can't hurt and it might give me peace of mind. I just want to get started again.

QOTW: We splurge on sushi. It isn't often because we have to travel to Buffalo to get the good stuff. When we do go, we always get way more than we could possibly eat while there. Neither of us are huge fans of sushi leftovers.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• Options

Greetings!  I'm currently on CD 14.  I had a follie scan yesterday.  2 follies were 12 mm - too small to start anything so I have to go in again tomorrow.  Bleh.  Hoping there's some growth so I can move on to the next IUI!  My guess is it'll happen on Thursday or Friday, depending on how fast these eggs are growing. 

GTKY: I splurge on massages and spa treatments.  I looooooove getting a good massage.  I may book one when we go on our cruise in two weeks :)

• Options
    Good Morning Everyone :)

Today I am 11 dpiui and I've tested like a fiend this weekend. It is my first iui and yes, clearly I am a glutton for punishment. My wife and I are both hoping to get lucky on our first try, but we are also realists and know that our chances aren't very high. For whatever reason, I thought that my first day piui was actually the day we had the iui. Sigh, I googled it this morning to find of course I was wrong about that too. I just assumed that since my cycle day 1 is day 1 of AF, why wouldn't piui day be the first day of iui. I guess we are learning as we go. :)

Hmm, something I splurge on...I guess my wife and I are the same in this, that we can easily splurge on other people or eachother before we will buy ourselves something. There was a ring that I wanted soo badly about 3 years ago and I waited almost a year to buy it because I just didn't have the cajones to push the "purchase" button online. lol. Even still, I made someone else push the button on the computer, ha. But if my wife wanted something that was expensive, I would buy it for her without a second thought. 
  • Options
    We are still plugging away.   I just got to work after a morning at the clinic and feel generally exhausted.   We're on day 6 of stimming and things are just starting to cook a bit.  Hopefully when we're back Thursday there's a marked improvement and growth and we'll have a better idea of what we're working with this cycle.  It doesn't look like we'll get to an ER until Monday or Tuesday next week at least... 

QOTD:  We go to a lot of movies, as mentioned before.   We also splurge on calories and comfort food I guess -- depending on how the day is going.  Mostly I think we're just trying to survive and cope as best we can now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Options

Good afternoon!

My first TTC check-in! I'm currently 5dpiui after my 2nd iui and feeling pretty symptomless. I have a feeling this isn't going to be our month. The iui procedure was... tough.  Afterward, I felt like my body was thoroughly rejecting the sperm (doc says it was a vasovagal reaction). Hopefully it goes smoother next time (or even better, that there is no next time!).

QOTW: I guess my splurge would be my membership at Massage Envy.  I tend to get very stressed about work and carry all the tension in my shoulders.  Monthly massages help keep me sane.

@HollynLeana My wife and I don't do at home insemination, but we are using a program that is very low medical intervention, so what we do might be applicable to you.  There are no drugs or u/s, we just use OPKs, though they did have us temp and OPK for 3 months to confirm that the OPKs line up with actual ovulation (which they did, until our first month of actually trying of course :-/ ).  I have to use OPK's in the morning and then again in the evening (like 4-6 pm), and then come in for an appt the following day.  If we were to do two inseminations per month, they'd have us come in 2 days starting the day of the first positive, if it were in the morning, or starting the day after the first positive, if it were in the evening.  Hope this helps!

Me: 28 DW: 28

Together since 5/30/02. Married since 8/31/08

IUI#1 - 12/13/13 = BFN

IUI#2 - 1/22/14 = BFN

IUI#3 - 2/21/14 = BFN

IUI#4 - 3/23/14

• Options
    @sweetpea0307 thank you! That is very helpful! IUIs really hurt me too. For like the entire day after I am confined to the couch in a crampy disaster.

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 

**all are welcome**

• Options

Decisions, decisions I have to decide what we want. I was just given some great advice which is making us re think our new plan. We originally planned on moving forward with my SO doing IUI. We have two vials left of our donor with the IUI prep. But considering everything money we have and the cost of just doing the egg retrieval with my SO which is all out of pocket expense and then the transfer which would be a covered expense it isn't too crazy to think this maybe more of a possibility for us than what I thought.

My SO is on birth control and this is her last month taking it, if the Dr says that she needs to wait the 3 months then I will sell back my two vials and just move forward with IVF. If the doctor says it we can try sooner I think my SO would like to try for the IUI but we have more talking to do. It maybe best for us to take a little break just to get clear headed minds to make sure we are making the best decision and not an emotional decision. We want a baby now but who is to say that the IUI process for her will work quickly and I really don't want to put more money in to it that we can save for IVF.

So lots more talking to do and our next RE appointment is next week.

QOTW: What is a product/food/service that you splurge on no matter what? I am not a person that tends to splurge at all. I am an avid coupon person, I pretty much tell my SO if we cant get a good deal on something we cant get it right now. But when it comes to bigger things like holidays and anniversaries I do splurge for others. We just bought a house this year and with trying to get pregnant we haven't done a whole lot. We stay home a lot and try and save as much as we can but at Christmas time we splurged on each other and this valentines day I splurged and bought John Legend tickets for us (which was a total surprise to her she wanted to go but didn't want to spend the money so I did it anyways ;) ) So I guess you can say I will splurge on others :)

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options
    @sweetpea0307  My first couple of IUI were not fun and I didn't feel great after them. But it did get easier. FX that you will not need a next time, hoping the last bit of your TWW goes smoothly and fast

Married in September 2010, started TTC journey November 2012

Me-

7 IUI- 2 CP- 2 BFN

RPL blood work 12/27, showed a balance translocation in chromosome 11;22  

Spouse-

PCOS 4 IUI-4 BFN

New Plan: Reciprocal IVF, me as carrier wife's eggs. Just went through insurance and received partial approval, so my part will go through my IVF benefits and wife's part will be out of pocket. Now just finalizing finance plans to cover the oop costs. Doctors office is in process of moving to a new building so there are no IVF start ups until March/April 2015. 

• Options

StacyLH24 said:
    Today is CD 36 for me. This is my longest cycle to date :/. I'm starting to wonder if Gonal-F not only made my period come very early but if it also made it very light and short. I'm tempted to call the RE's office, but I know 36 days really isn't that long in the whole scheme of things. I really have no indication that my period is even getting ready to start and usually I do. C's started the other day and I am always before her by a few days. I will probably call the RE's office later and just see what one of the nurses thinks. It can't hurt and it might give me peace of mind. I just want to get started again. QOTW: We splurge on sushi. It isn't often because we have to travel to Buffalo to get the good stuff. When we do go, we always get way more than we could possibly eat while there. Neither of us are huge fans of sushi leftovers.
    I had a very long cycle after my cancelled cycle with gonalF. I think I didn't ovulate on my own after it was cancelled. When I go to cycle day 30, I took provera for 5 days and then I still didn't get my period for like 10 or 12 days after I finished that. So it was probably a 45 day cycle in the end and I'm not convinced I would have gotten my period with taking the provera. You may ask your RE about getting a prescription for provera to make you get your period.

Good luck!!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    @Manada gave a brief update above. I just got a call from the clinic. They're changing my dose again. I'm going to be taking Bravelle 300 and Menopur 225 for tomorrow and Wednesday. As M said, we go in again on Thursday.

M's lining is beautiful at 11mm and my follicles seem to be slowing coming along. My estrogen is still low at only 222, but this at least is a good improvement since the 71 it was on Saturday.

I'm still anxious about my response this cycle, but I'm less terrified and devastated than I was this weekend when things really looked like they weren't working and our RE was so concerned about things that she left 3 voicemails, the third of which talked about possibly needing to switch to M who has diminished ovarian reserve because my ovaries seemed to be crapping out on us.

I'm hoping I can keep my wits about me enough to make it until Thursday. I am teaching a university course on Wednesday, so that will keep me busy.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:

BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

• Options
    kristi&p said:

Decisions, decisions I have to decide what we want. I was just given some great advice which is making us re think our new plan. We originally planned on moving forward with my SO doing IUI. We have two vials left of our donor with the IUI prep. But considering everything money we have and the cost of just doing the egg retrieval with my SO which is all out of pocket expense and then the transfer which would be a covered expense it isn't too crazy to think this maybe more of a possibility for us than what I thought.

My SO is on birth control and this is her last month taking it, if the Dr says that she needs to wait the 3 months then I will sell back my two vials and just move forward with IVF. If the doctor says it we can try sooner I think my SO would like to try for the IUI but we have more talking to do. It maybe best for us to take a little break just to get clear headed minds to make sure we are making the best decision and not an emotional decision. We want a baby now but who is to say that the IUI process for her will work quickly and I really don't want to put more money in to it that we can save for IVF.

So lots more talking to do and our next RE appointment is next week.

QOTW: What is a product/food/service that you splurge on no matter what? I am not a person that tends to splurge at all. I am an avid coupon person, I pretty much tell my SO if we cant get a good deal on something we cant get it right now. But when it comes to bigger things like holidays and anniversaries I do splurge for others. We just bought a house this year and with trying to get pregnant we haven't done a whole lot. We stay home a lot and try and save as much as we can but at Christmas time we splurged on each other and this valentines day I splurged and bought John Legend tickets for us (which was a total surprise to her she wanted to go but didn't want to spend the money so I did it anyways ;) ) So I guess you can say I will splurge on others :)

Good luck with your decisions! I know what it's like to feel like you have too many choices and none of them are your first choice and you don't know which will be for the best! In some ways (and certainly not all) me having to have both fallopian tubes removed was a blessing in disguise because it suddenly took the option of trying IUIs with me off the table.

I hope everything works out well for you.
    ****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

• Options
    StacyLH24StacyLH24 member
    edited January 2014
    @Healz413 & @Manada- I'm glad things are moving along a little nicer for you. Slow but sure wins the race!

I did call the office. They said that based on my last lining measurement, the small amount of spotting I had back on the 10th and 11th wasn't sufficient. I'm going up tomorrow for blood work to see where my progesterone levels are at. After that, if needed, he is going to start me on Provera. I opted to not use the Ovidrel after we cancelled my cycle, so maybe I didn't ovulate. I haven't had a problem ovulating on my own before now, so I just figured I wouldn't waste the Ovidrel. Of course I don't think I have probably ever had 6 mature follicles at once either. At least I will have a plan by tomorrow afternoon now.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    We had another info session at the clinic on Friday. Met with our nurse case manager who basically gave us an overview of a high school sex ed class. She was all, "I realise you understand how the human reproductive system works, but you'd be surprised how many people DON'T so I have to go through this with all new patients." She also got the doctor to sign off on a prescription for Femara for me, which I will start taking when my period comes after my business trip is over (which is in the beginning of May). We signed off on some paperwork that basically allows to have vials shipped to the clinic for us, so now we can order it any time and they will store it for us until we are ready to start.

Friday's visit also included another session with the social worker and we re-hashed some questions she'd asked from the first session, namely how will I react if it doesn't work. See, I have a history of major depression, which includes a major depressive episode in 2004 (after my mother died) and another in 2011. So a big part of these sessions with the SW have turned into what might happen to me if I don't get pregnant. My answer to this is, quite truthfully, that I just don't know. It's only a 21% chance that it will work on the first try, and it just goes down from there. I realise that it might not work the first time and I know I'll be disappointed if it doesn't... but I can't predict what my brain chemistry will do. So we've been discussing what the signs of depression are and what Smurf can do if she notices them.

Last night, Smurf got herself all worked up because she's so worried that I'll go off the deep end (my words, not hers) if it doesn't work. I just don't know how to calm her fears. Yes, it's a very real possibility that I'll get depressed over it. It's also a very real possibility that I'll get depressed over NOTHING AT ALL because that's how major depression behaves. I can't predict what a hypothetical situation is going to cause and I wish I had a more definitive answer for her like "I won't get out of bed for three months and I'll only eat Peanut Butter M&Ms for the rest of my life" or "I'll cry for a couple days and then get ready to start over." What am I supposed to say? I'd appreciate some advice from anyone who's been in a similar situation. :(

As for QOTW... whenever I travel on the train now, I only go Business class. The legroom, the larger seats, the free food and drinks... it's worth it to be comfortable and fed! :) This coming from the girl who, in her teens, willingly traveled across Canada, from Calgary to Toronto, by Greyhound (a 52 hour trip, non-stop)... four times. LOL

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• Options
    @lamaitresse - I would say it is safe to say you will at least be upset if it doesn't work. It is hard not to be. You spend so much time planning, preparing and hoping. Here is an idea...give yourself a certain amount of time to be upset and tell Smurf what your intended time frame is. If it goes beyond that, then have a plan in place for what you can do to handle it. I know it is hard to put a time limit, so to speak, on your emotions. Maybe it would give Smurf more of a sense of control and a plan though. I think it is great that your SW is exploring this with you.

I also have had two major depressive episodes in the past. When C and I are in situations where I'm afraid it could happen again, I tell her to make sure I don't get out of my daily routine. That is a big indicator for me. I am normally a very driven and responsible person. When depression strikes, that changes. Having two episodes behind me, plus my degrees in Psychology and Social Work, I can see it coming much earlier on now. I do what I can to head it off early. I have the coping skills to do that now. I didn't before. So far, so good...not to say it is perfect though. If you want to talk more about it, feel free to PM me any time.

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Options
    Not much news to share here. Waiting to try round three of ICI at home with known donor. I'm trying to focus on exercise and eating well both to give me something else (besides pregnancy) to focus on and because I put some weight back on and need to get it GONE again. I have my yearly physical coming up next month so that gives me a great goal for the scale. I worked too hard to let myself gain back what I'd lost. No sense in binging over a negative test. ( easy to say....hard to internalize!)

I splurge on running shoes and sports bras. I don't buy them often (maybe twice a year?) but I buy the ones that are right for my body, close by eyes, swipe the card, and try not to think about the budget ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pauljl good luck this cycle!

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 

**all are welcome**

• Options
    What does everyone do above and beyond TTC?supplements? Nutrition? Superstitions? Any extras?

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 

**all are welcome**

• Options
    COQ10 is supposed to help with egg quality, especially in higher doses (600mg-800mg). This is the only supplement I take regularly for TTC purposes, but there are others that people talk about as well.

While there aren't enough studies to point to the "why" yet, a recent study indicates that women who have a low carb/high protein diet have much better IVF results. I don't see why this wouldn't also help with ICI, IVI, and IUI. https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/803821

Those are the main two I've worked to incorporate although IVF stress has brought me away from the low carb eating.
    ****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

• Options
    @hollynleana thank you! We are sure hoping for a BFP soon!

I definitely have been watching what I eat. I figure I clean my house before people visit. So I should take care of my body if someone else is going to live in it!! ;) I've been exercising and eating clean (unless I get a BFN, in which case I usually find the nearest pint of ice cream) ;)

I don't know if it's in my head or not but green tea seems to help me produce more cm.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @pauljl I just ate a pint of Ben and Jerry's after my BFN! So Funny! I will try the green tea!

Me-33 DW-29
    together since 2009
    Married since 6/14/13 

**all are welcome**

• Options
    What does everyone do above and beyond TTC?supplements? Nutrition? Superstitions? Any extras?

I take suppositories (progesterone) prescribed by my doctor.  Otherwise, I just live life like usual.  I went above and beyond "trying" all kinds of stuff my first couple cycles but I just ended up making myself crazy.  Taking my mind off the 2WW is the best thing I can do!

I get my next IUI tomorrow (had positive OPKs today) so there's that.  I'll be back on the 2WW crazy train before I know it!

• Options
    I get weekly acupuncture and she gives me Chinese Herbs depending on where I am in my cycle. I also take PNV and eat a low carb/high protein diet. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"