July 2014 Moms

Bowling?

This very well may be categorized as a 'ridiculous question' so if it is just give me a quick answer and move on haha! My family is doing a bowling fundraiser when I'll be 21 weeks. Would you bowl or sit out and socialize? FTM so I don't know what to expect balance wise with a bit of a belly..
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bowling?

• Wow...

Please help explain to me how I would know if I've never been pregnant and you hear about how balance is affected later on?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This very well may be categorized as a 'ridiculous question' so if it is just give me a quick answer and move on haha! My family is doing a bowling fundraiser when I'll be 21 weeks. Would you bowl or sit out and socialize? FTM so I don't know what to expect balance wise with a bit of a belly..
    You can bowl.

• Personally, I might still try and use it as an excuse to your family/friends so you don't have to wear those nasty bowling shoes.

• You might not bowl the greatest game ever, but if this is your first you likely won't be a whole lot bigger than you are now. It should be fine.

image image
  • Wow...
    Please help explain to me how I would know if I've never been pregnant and you hear about how balance is affected later on?
    It's not a dumb question. I had to sit out on bowling with my last pregnancy (I might have been further along, though, I don't remember). I think as long as you don't have any issues it should be fine but you could always ask your doc for reassurance.
  • You might not bowl the greatest game ever, but if this is your first you likely won't be a whole lot bigger than you are now. It should be fine.
    Yup.  Have fun!
    DD 11/1/12
    DS 7/16/14
    DD Free from FPIES triggers as of 18 months! 
    Sweet potato, avocado, banana, mango, oats, wheat & rice outgrown.
    Dairy, soy, and peanut allergies outgrown! Allergic to eggs.
    DS MSPI, egg allergy
  • I went bowling at 35 weeks with DD.  I just used a lighter ball than normal.  I didn't have any problems.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• DH told me I seemed to bowl better when I was pregnant with DD.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Unless you're on bed rest with extremely limited lifting (under 15lbs would be unlikely, but possible), you'd be fine. 

I'm curious, what makes you even think this could potentially be harmful?

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • I bowled Friday night...sucked it up BIG time, but it didn't hurt anything!

I second the disgusting shoes, @tourqeyes. I think I could feel myself catching a foot fungus

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Unless you're on bed rest with extremely limited lifting (under 15lbs would be unlikely, but possible), you'd be fine. 

I'm curious, what makes you even think this could potentially be harmful?
    You hear about your center of gravity changing when pregnant - again you HEAR about it. I have never been pregnant prior to this time, hence the reason I asked this question in the first place. I was simply curious of others' experiences, that's all.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My family all bowls professionally. Each woman (8 of them besides me) have at least 2 kids and ALL bowled up until their last month. Two of them hit 300 in their 7th month so I don't know that I believe that center of gravity rumor.
  • I asked my doc specifically and she said it's ok. The concern is lifting and balance- I've been bowling from the beginning - I use my lighter ball. This past week I felt like my bump was "in the way" but as in the way as it is doing anything else. Have fun and as always listen to your body! By game 3 I'm ready to tap out! LoL
  • BlueFox181BlueFox181 member
    edited January 2014
    I bought a pair of bowling shoes specifically to avoid the foot nasties. Hell, they were only $30 and have probably already paid for themselves. And I don't even bowl that often. They should last me a lifetime.  I figured I've been the same shoe size for about 20 years- and hopefully that won't change with pregnancy because I have a million pairs of shoes  X_X
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"