February 2014 Moms
Options

Contractions lasting 2-3 minutes? anyone else?

I'm not having consistent contractions but I have had several contractions (or what I think are contractions) over the past couple days that seem to last a LONG time (2-3 minutes). Anyone else experience this?
#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Contractions lasting 2-3 minutes? anyone else?

• Options
    I'm actually in the hospital until I deliver now for unusually long contractions, but mine have lasted anywhere up to 11 minutes so far, so it is entirely possible yours are lasting that long. Definitely call your doctor about it. My doctor didn't believe me until he happened to catch a 7-minute one during a NST for an unrelated reason, and unfortunately mine are so long that after 3-4 minutes her heart rate will start to drop. My little girl recovers from them well currently, so I doubt 2-3 minute contractions wouldn't harm your LO, but your doctor will likely want to know. 

Sometimes I think the contractions are still going even long because they can leave me a little achey afterward, so it's possible you may just be feeling a little sore after the contraction ends.
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • Options
    @mythaldo

Thanks for the info! How far along are you? I have my 38 week appointment today, so I will be sure to ask about it.

Hope you get some relief/rest soon!!
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    dunvilles said:
    @mythaldo

Thanks for the info! How far along are you? I have my 38 week appointment today, so I will be sure to ask about it.

Hope you get some relief/rest soon!!

Thanks! I'm 37w4d today, but I've been having these long contractions for weeks. Just found out I'm going to be induced tomorrow since I'm having other issues pop up; they're hoping to see them shorten and regulate with labor, but may switch me to a c-section if my uterus won't cooperate.
    Batman_dickbutt photo 328_batmansmall.jpg

Feb. 2014 Moms January Siggy Challenge: Cute & Clumsy Animals
    Maru!
  • Options
    OP can you quit starting these threads?!?!

Call your doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"