Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Vomit without diarrhea??

Last night I heard my DS crying in the middle of the night, much like he does when he is looking for his paci. After maybe 30 seconds he got quiet again so I assumed he'd found it but when I went into his room in the morning, I found a big mess of vomit all over his crib, clothes, and even hair. Seems like he fell back to sleep after throwing up! Never had he done this. I'm not exactly sure what happened there. 

I cleaned up and gave him a bath and then gave him some milk. He threw up some of it right away so I held back on food and tried to give him light foods and lots of liquids. He drank just fine and had wet diapers all day but it was very clear his tummy didn't feel well because he ate very little, even refusing his favorite snacks. Here is where my question comes in... the entire day he only pooped once about 3 hours after waking up and it was a little loose but nothing abnormal (or illness-looking). I kept waiting for the virus to show up in his diaper but it never did. He also didn't get a fever. Can this be normal? The entire day I was happy that I wasn't seeing any additional symptoms but now as I'm sitting here I am getting worried that it could be something more serious that I'm not catching. My husband mentioned that if he didn't know DS was sick, he would've never known. DS is very resilient and you can't usually tell when he isn't feeling well and I think that might be adding to my worry. Can he have something that we can't tell because he is just so full of energy all the time?

Anyone ever had this happen with your toddler (vomit but not diarrhea) and what did it turn out to be? 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Me: 38 DH: 36
Married 8/27/2011
BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

Re: Vomit without diarrhea??

• Options
    Same thing happened to us Saturday. My son threw up over night at some point but didn't wake up. No more throw up or diarrhea but he didn't want to eat much all day. Seemed better yesterday. Hope your DS gets better soon!
  • Options
    I agree with PPs. My LO has had the stomach bug twice. The first time she did have a couple of loose stools but not full out diarrhea. The second time she had normal stools but it took her much longer to return to normal food wise. She ate very little and was really picky for over a week.  I think it all depends. I hope your DS feels better soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses. He seems to be just fine today, eating and pooping normally, and knowing that this can be normal makes me relax a lot more!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    Yeah, a lot of stomach bugs would present like this. Hope he feels better soon and it doesn't spread to the rest of you guys!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This was our DS yesterday! He was acting totally normal. Went down for his nap, woke up crying after only 20 minutes and as I walked in the room to check on him he was standing up holding on to the crib rail and then he puked! This was the first time he's ever puked and HOLY COW it was a lot! Like never ending exorcist-type puke. LOL
    After a bath and some cuddles he was acting normal again. Then he puked a little bit more, but not much came out. Acting normal, running around and playing. Hasn't puked since. No other symptoms. So weird! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"