February 2014 Moms
Options

Am I the only weird one?

As we get closer to the end, people keep asking me if I'm done being pregnant, can't wait for her to get here, ect.

While yes, I'm uncomfortaable, and yes, I want to meet her, Im such a control freak that now that we have a date scheduled for the c section and I've come to terms with that, I'm praying we don't deviate from the plan! I know in the end it will all work out the way that it's supposed to, but I worry I'm in for a rude awakening when things may not go as planned!

any other control freak mamas having to learn to let go?
Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
TTC #1 since 9/2012
BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
BFP #2 6/2/13
Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day

Re: Am I the only weird one?

• Options
    I think this one has been the hardest for me control wise.  My repeat c/s is in 2 weeks.  At first, I panicked b/c DS has winter holiday that week but that ended up being a blessing in disguise b/c IL's offered to take the kids to FL for 6 days just as I will be getting home from the hospital.  I know for some people, they would be crushed to have their older kids leave just as the baby gets home but I know that for my recovery, this is absolutely the BEST scenario.  By the time they come back home, I will have had 4 full days in the hospital and 6 full days at home alone with DH and baby.  Based on my past 2 experiences, that should give me enough time to get off the prescription pain meds and be rested and recovered enough to handle stairs by myself.  5 days later, I will have to be ready to drive to carpool alone with all three kids so it is absolutely crucial that I take that time to heal.  I find myself praying that she bakes until then just b/c we have all the childcare arrangements already made and if she comes before then, we will totally have to scramble to figure it all out and keep the bigs in their school routine!  

• Options
    I really want LO to be born on my EDD Friday because it's Jackie Robinson's, Ernie Banks', and Nolan Ryan's birthday. Baseball trifecta! (Oh, and MIL's...) Now that we've come this far, I'm going to be annoyed if I miss the mark by a day or two. I realize it's totally irrational, but hey, I love baseball.
    Just another reason I heart books. ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #2 6/2/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If I knew I had a specific date, I'd want to stick to that. I just know it could be any minute of any of the next 17 days.... AHHH!!!

I delivered DS at 38wks 4 days. I know that doesn't mean anything in terms of when I will deliver this LO, but I thought for sure I'd have him by now after dealing with PTL from 29-36 wks.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh yes. I would like to control the weather! We are planning on getting hitched Wednesday. Snow forecasted Tuesday and Wednesday. Tomorrow will be 65!! So huge weather change coming. EDD is Saturday so I'm really hoping I don't go into labor from this cold coming thru. Just wait until Thursday little baby! Please! 
  • Options
    I'm right there with ya, @SuzyQq02. C-Section is scheduled for 2/20 and everything is planned out as far as childcare for DS and my long term sub at school. I have to do parent-teacher conferences the week before my c-section (which is going to be awful!) but I just keep worrying that I'll go early and throw off everything! Just stay put until the 20th, LO!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Right there with ya ladies. Ours is scheduled for 2/4 and I know this is my last week of work. My sub plans are set for that and my students are prepared for that. Plus, we have an awesome plan for DS1s care during our c/s and a plan for meeting this LO and going into labor early will really throw a wrench into that.
  • Options
    I have already been forced to let go of a lot of control. PTL at 33 weeks forced us to relocate to Philadelphia 4 weeks early. I wasn't ready to be done working and am super bored of living in a hotel on bed rest. But.....now that were 9 days from our scheduled c-section, I'm really hoping that he waits until then. I'm with all you ladies !!!
  • Options
    I'm there with you. I really want her to wait till her anticipated time frame so that the dog sitter will have time to get my poor babies so that they aren't all alone for a few days... DH is planning on dropping the dogs off at the sitters house the morning of and we will be all set with her to have my fur babies for about 3-4 days so that DH can stay with me in the hospital. But should I go into labor early it will be a scramble to get them squared away.... Thinking about giving the dog sitter a key to the house just in case, so that should I happen to go earlier than expected then she can still come get the dogs with nothing but a phone call.

Anastasia Mae born Feb 19, 2014 at 10:12AM -Tokyo, Japan time. 
    Me: 22 DH: 25 Married since Oct 6th, 2010
  • Options
    I've never reached the point of feeling totally
    ready or done being pg. Granted, mine came before at 33 and 37 weeks. I keep thinking this one will be a little trickster and decide to come late just to throw me off.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
    Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
    Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
    Rae Patricia 4.14.07

• Options
    I would like to control the weather for next weekend. Induction is set for Friday. We're supposed to get freezing rain starting on Saturday, into Sunday, snow Monday. It would be awesome (kinda) if LO was born Feb 2 (my grandma's birthday) but that means a LONG labor. Not sure I'm up for THAT! Plus, that means delivery on super bowl sunday... When I'd really prefer to be home for the Super Bowl. We'll see!

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    After seeing the weather forecast and having a possibility of our heat being turned off (due to the Canadian pipeline explosion, house is currently at 55 degrees to help conserve and it's -45 degrees out right now).. I want baby to stay put until my due date of 2/2. Hopeful by then the pipeline issue is figured out and we can have normal heat. It's supposed to be -30 degrees all week with snow.

Though I go back and forth from wanting baby out today and waiting until Sunday haha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was totally done and ready to have her last weekend.  Now I think I'd like her to hang on until next Saturday...  

• Options
    Omg, @sweet*18, are you guys ok? Do you have somewhere to go in case it gets shut offf? That sounds so stressful!
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #2 6/2/13
  • Options
    I don't have anything scheduled, but I've mentally decided that I'd like him to come next Sunday (Feb 2nd) morning and then I can watch the Superbowl that afternoon.  I know this is HIGHLY unlikely, because I'll only be 38 weeks, but I just think it sounds really good to me. DH said "well, just as long as you don't mess up me getting my permanent crown on my tooth, I don't care." (He needed a crown and the temp one they gave him has been bugging the snot out of him and it's actually starting to hurt. I told him to go back to the dentist, but knowing him, he'll just wait it out.)

J. Jackson

Feb '14 March Siggy Challenge: Face Slaps

Daisypath - (SVGA)
    Lilypie - (xd4F)
    Lilypie - (jQcs)
  • Options
    I also HATE the lack of knowing when... with
    my past 2 my water broke in the middle of the night. Really hoping that labor starts at a reasonable time of day this time, as I don't
    want to have to wake up the friend who's watching my daughter!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

EDD 10.26.15

Garrett Samuel 1.30.14
    Vanessa Ruby 2.21.13
    Joseph Michael (born into Heaven) 6.17.10
    Rae Patricia 4.14.07

• Options
    @SuzyQq02 the whole county has been told to turn it down to conserve and all the stores are closed due to the blizzard so if they shut it off we are screwed. We have 2 space heaters but just praying they don't shut everyone off. Once the stores open tomorrow we are getting more space heaters but nothing will open until 8am.

The news said even hotels have to turn down their heat and would be included in the shut off if it occurs. :-( the kids have 3 layers of clothes on right now and keep complaining about being cold (we live in a corner house and the wind is shaking our house)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Not that there's ever good timing for something like this, but what especially crappy timing for you guys right now. Sending you many warm thoughts and heat staying on vibes!
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #2 6/2/13
  • Options

I really want LO to be born on my EDD Friday because it's Jackie Robinson's, Ernie Banks', and Nolan Ryan's birthday. Baseball trifecta! (Oh, and MIL's...) Now that we've come this far, I'm going to be annoyed if I miss the mark by a day or two. I realize it's totally irrational, but hey, I love baseball.

Love this! As a fellow baseball lover I'm totally pulling for you. That'd be pretty awesome.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I'd really love LO to be here now, but I have a list of jobs I want done before he gets here and I'm getting really OCD about having everything perfect for when he arrives... Lol
  • Options
    You're not the only one! I am stuck on her being born in Feb (EDD 2/8) so that she is born in the Chinese Zodiac year of the horse. My grandpa (who passed unexpectedly last Sept.) and my sister are both that sign and it'd just be pretty cool I guess. 
    Ditto! DH and I are both horses (as well as my mom) so we'd love to have our little herd :) for some reason, we've both had a feeling about 2/4 for awhile, and doc thinks there's a good chance she'll decide to make her debut that week based on the past few checkups so we shall see!! EDD 2/1.
  • Options
    KaraLeigh115KaraLeigh115 member
    edited January 2014
    I posted in the wrong place! I'm sorry! But regardless, some of these posts are epic lol
  • Options
    I'd really like for my child not to be born on 2/14. I cringe every time someone says that it would be so cute! I have the opposite opinion. All my little girl needs is for her birthday to be on a day of terrible expectations. She deserves her own special day, dammit!
  • Options
    I would like to at least make it to my due date (2/10) but I have a feeling that he's gonna decide to come on my DDs bday (2/15). I went over for my first two and had to be induced and I really liked having an appointment to go in and get started, made it so much easier to plan especially with the second baby.
  • Options
    My first was due at the end of July, and I was so convinced I was going to go late and have an August baby. Of course, he showed up on his due date because he's a little stinker and likes to do things on his schedule.

Now I've got myself convinced #2 will be born on her due date too, based on nothing other than that's when #1 arrived lol.  And everyone at work is convinced I'll go early so now I'm thinking she'll be late, haha.

For me, not knowing when they are going to actually show up is one of the most frustrating parts of being pregnant.

imageimage
  • Options
    I honestly don't have any day in mind, but in a very geeky fashion, I was trying to make a flowchart of if/then statements of what we'll do with DD when I go into labor, involving my awesome friends, and it became clear it'd be much easier if it were during the day on a weekday...so there's that!! 

Also, DD was 10 days early, and can't conceptually wrap my head around the fact that this one may not also be at least a little early.  If I end up mid-March as opposed to late February, I'll be a sad panda. 
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When the football season started I jokingly told DH that if the Seahawks went to the Super Bowl we'd probably be at the hospital. My EDD is 2/6 - but now I'm really attached to 2/2. I told DH we need a little blue & green hat just in case.
  • Options
    I really would like my baby to be 11 days late! I am due on feb 22nd. But my birthday is 2/5 and my DH is 11/5. So if the little one could come on 3/5 that would be awesome!!!! If I miss it by a week or so, I don't think I would be upset. But if he comes on 3/4 or 3/6 is will be disappointing!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo image_zpsc87e7796.jpg
  • Options
    @bribbon I don't remember who it was, but remember a few months ago when some random only wanted to talk to people with her same due date? well 2/18 is mine so consider yourself lucky - you just got another friend!
  • Options
    @Bookshelves
    Funny story, my DH and I know Ernie Banks' old GF. She used to hit on my H allll the time and he was her boss! Woman was untouchable though because of affiliation and well, we lived in Chicago. That man has clout!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"