Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Puking :(

So my LO is 2.5 months old. Yesterday, DH said he was fussy all day (I was at work) and cried pretty much every time he put him down. Ate fine all day. I got home in the evening and took him and he was a bit fussy and wouldn't settle down around 9pm for bedtime like he normally does. I got him to sleep finally at 11pm. He sleeps in his swing right now, so I slept on the couch next to him. I heard him stir a few times during the night and what sounded like spit up, so I reached over with a burp cloth and wiped his face, then he'd fall back to sleep. When I got up around 8:30 am, he was still asleep in the swing and hadn't eaten (I let him feed on demand) since about 10:45pm. I noticed some yellow staining on his face and all over his clothes, so thought "crap, you threw up last night". He looked at me and smiled, so...normal attitude. Wasn't fussy. DH came over and LO was smiling at us and acting completely normal, then spit up more yellow bile(?) I'm guessing. I offered him the bottle to see if he was interested in eating, and he was. I only let him eat an ounce to see if he could keep it down. He did, but spit up a little bit about 10 minutes later. Again, otherwise acting completely normal. Took his temp, no fever. DH took him and I went off to work. He texted me about an hour later and said that he ate about 3oz, then "projectile vomited' most of it up. DH can exaggerate sometimes, so not sure if was true projectile or just a large volume, but he said it went all over the computer, the floor, LO and DH. I got several texts over the next few hours and he said LO is fussy, pretty much spits up whatever he feeds him (I told him to feed small amounts frequently rather than large amounts) and that he was on his 4th outfit of the day :( He hasn't been able to leave the house with him to get any pedialyte, so I'm going to stop on the way home from work and get some. 

Sound like a GI bug? I know there is a bad one going around here. This is really the first illness (other than some boogers/sneezing) he's had since he was born. Thinking of taking him to doc tomorrow morning if still vomiting...or should he go sooner to ER or urgent care??

Thanks for the advice. 

**TTC #1 Sep 2009-Feb 2013**   Me: 33 DH: 32 (healthy, SA = normal)

DX (May 2010) = Lap #1 showed Stage I-II endometriosis. HSG normal. Tx with 6 mo Lupron (which did nothing...) Lap #2 June 2011 to remove endo, uterine fibroid, and polyp

IUI #1-#3 (July-Sep 2011): All Clomid 50 mg + unmonitored IUI = All BFN

October 2011 - April 2012: Outta $$$ (no insurance coverage) = back to tryin' on our own

May 2012 - August 2012: Mental break from trying

October 2012: New OB. Bloodwork normal aside from slightly low progesterone

November 2012: IUI #4: Letrozole 2.5 mg + Novarel trigger + monitored IUI + progesterone = BFN

IVF #1: Long Lupron Protocol,Menopur,Follistim, ER = 2/12/13 27R/26M/23F

2/17/13 Transferred 1 perfect Grade 1 blast. 17 frostbabies.

HPT 7dp5dt: BFP!!! Beta #1 9dp5dt: 108 Beta #2 11dp5dt: 368

U/S #1 3/21: Heartbeat and one perfect bean!!  DS born 11/6/13 via c-section

TTC #2 March - August 2015 = all BFNs

Prep for FET #1: Aug 2015: found "mass" in uterus on saline sonogram; scheduled a hysteroscopy to remove. 

Sept 2015: Hysteroscopy: mass turned out to be scar tissue(?), all removed. Recheck saline sonogram 2 weeks later showed "stuff" still in uterus (more scar tissue? remnants from surgery? Will see if clears with a period). Recheck saline sonogram 1 week later: all clear! Start Lupron and Estrace. Follow up u/s 2 weeks later: uterine lining only 5mm, add in patches. Follow up u/s 1 week later: uterine lining = 4.3mm (argh!), stop estrace and patches and start estradiol injections twice/week. Follow up u/s 2 weeks later: uterine lining = 5mm :/ Instructed to keep on estradiol injections and recheck in 5 days = lining still at 5mm. Need to make a decision - go for it? Or toss in the towel w/ this cycle and start all over again next year with a new protocol. Decided to go for it as we had 17 frosties; what have we got to lose?? 

12/2/15 = transferred 1 perfect Grade B blast

12/9/15 = HPT - BFP!!!!

Beta #1 12/11/15: 236    Beta #2  12/14/15: 503   Please stick little one!!!!

U/S scheduled for week of 1/4/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Re: Puking :(

• Options
    How are his diapers? Is he still making 5-9 wet diapers a day? My baby girl has problems with GERD and there were many days I was panicking because I thought she was spitting all her food up and was going to dehydrate so I've called her pediatrician a few times and he always told me as long as she's making 5-9 wet diapers daily she was fine. Also, look for less elasticity in the skin, eyes and fontanel (or soft spot on head) appear sunken, or decrease or absence of tears. All those things are indicators of dehydration. Hope your little guy feels better soon!
  • Options
    wedding06 said:
    I would call your Ped to see what they recommend. Ps- your cat is super cute!!
    Ha ha, thank you :) He loves the camera.  Sorry for the delayed response. It's been a rough couple of days. I took LO to the doc Monday morning after he vomited up his entire breakfast (he did great all night with very small frequent meals). Doc confirmed it's likely a virus, and to not feed 2 hrs after a vomiting episode, then start with small amounts of pedialyte and move back to formula. We did that, and he was NOT happy about it, because he was starving and I kept pulling the bottle from him after only 10 ml at a time. But we got through the day and by evening he hadn't vomited again and was doing well. But then...my husband started vomiting, and by 8am the following day I was vomiting *sigh* So here we are, worst case scenario, both sick as dogs and caring for a 2.5 month old. At least he was better, but it was so horrible...it was literally us taking turns: one of us watching him while the other ran to the bathroom. We were both better 24 hours later (no vomiting at least), but just so weak and dehydrated. Anyways, it sucked, I'm glad it's over, and I just kept telling DH "I don't think it could get any worse than this!"

LO has had a cold for a week or so too - stuffy and congested. I didn't realize that could increase spitting up. Makes sense though as he HAS spit up more than usual yesterday and today. Not larger volumes, just more frequently...

**TTC #1 Sep 2009-Feb 2013**   Me: 33 DH: 32 (healthy, SA = normal)

DX (May 2010) = Lap #1 showed Stage I-II endometriosis. HSG normal. Tx with 6 mo Lupron (which did nothing...) Lap #2 June 2011 to remove endo, uterine fibroid, and polyp

IUI #1-#3 (July-Sep 2011): All Clomid 50 mg + unmonitored IUI = All BFN

October 2011 - April 2012: Outta $$$ (no insurance coverage) = back to tryin' on our own

May 2012 - August 2012: Mental break from trying

October 2012: New OB. Bloodwork normal aside from slightly low progesterone

November 2012: IUI #4: Letrozole 2.5 mg + Novarel trigger + monitored IUI + progesterone = BFN

IVF #1: Long Lupron Protocol,Menopur,Follistim, ER = 2/12/13 27R/26M/23F

2/17/13 Transferred 1 perfect Grade 1 blast. 17 frostbabies.

HPT 7dp5dt: BFP!!! Beta #1 9dp5dt: 108 Beta #2 11dp5dt: 368

U/S #1 3/21: Heartbeat and one perfect bean!!  DS born 11/6/13 via c-section

TTC #2 March - August 2015 = all BFNs

Prep for FET #1: Aug 2015: found "mass" in uterus on saline sonogram; scheduled a hysteroscopy to remove. 

Sept 2015: Hysteroscopy: mass turned out to be scar tissue(?), all removed. Recheck saline sonogram 2 weeks later showed "stuff" still in uterus (more scar tissue? remnants from surgery? Will see if clears with a period). Recheck saline sonogram 1 week later: all clear! Start Lupron and Estrace. Follow up u/s 2 weeks later: uterine lining only 5mm, add in patches. Follow up u/s 1 week later: uterine lining = 4.3mm (argh!), stop estrace and patches and start estradiol injections twice/week. Follow up u/s 2 weeks later: uterine lining = 5mm :/ Instructed to keep on estradiol injections and recheck in 5 days = lining still at 5mm. Need to make a decision - go for it? Or toss in the towel w/ this cycle and start all over again next year with a new protocol. Decided to go for it as we had 17 frosties; what have we got to lose?? 

12/2/15 = transferred 1 perfect Grade B blast

12/9/15 = HPT - BFP!!!!

Beta #1 12/11/15: 236    Beta #2  12/14/15: 503   Please stick little one!!!!

U/S scheduled for week of 1/4/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"