July 2014 Moms
Options

Baby Measuring Big

Just have a question for all the July Moms: At my last ultrasound, the baby was measuring a week ahead of schedule according to his or her size. Has this happened to anyone else? I've heard boys grow faster, could it be a sign of the baby being a boy? Thanks!

Re: Baby Measuring Big

• Options
    Mine was measuring  week ahead when I had my NT scan (so they couldn't actually take whatever measurements they look at). I haven't heard that boys grow faster. DS was measuring on schedule until sometime in the third tri, then he started measuring ahead. 

July 14 May Siggy Challenge: Cute Animals
    imagelambs photo: lambs lftsidemovies5.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It's totally possible to be measuring ahead but as a heads up, those measurements can also be quite off. My example is the fact they did an u/s at 41 weeks with DD to check she was ok in there, and told me (supposedly with great certainty) that she was a 10lb+ baby. She arrived 3 days later at a nice average 7lb 12oz :-)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ultrasounds can be off +/- 2 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • Options
    My lmp puts me at July 30 and my charting is July 26. Baby was measuring 8 days ahead based on my lmp which is only 4 days ahead of my charting prediction. They changed my EDD to july 22. I'm glad I charted because I can refuse induction based on my charts. 40 weeks is July 26 and I won't so anything before then unless baby or I is stressed.
    imageimage

BFP #1 11.10.13 EDD 07.22.14 Stick baby cake!
    image https://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/ee/d355aa73ed49767417acbbe29ed0e6.png  BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I have never heard that boys grow faster. In fact, boy premies have lower rates of survival than girl premies, so if anything I would guess the opposite, but I don't think your child's size will indicate his/her sex.
                      Image and video hosting by TinyPic                      

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thank you everyone for your response. I had no idea the measurements could be so far off. Good to know!
  • Options
    During my two u/s we were told four different dates, both measuring ahead and behind. Both docs decided to keep my original due date. It's totally normal for it to be a guessimate.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    My baby is measuring ahead and everyone of my mom's babies (incld me) measured ahead the whole pregnancy.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm measuring ahead as well, but me and DH were small babies. DS was 6lbs at birth. We shall see at my appt next week.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

• Options
    I was measuring ahead at the n/t scan by five days. I'm sure of the day we conceived based on my charts, and my previous dating u/s backed that up exactly, so I guess this baby is just growing a little more quickly. DD was 7lb 2oz so I am kinda hoping this one is in that ballpark, but it seems way to early to be concerned about that now.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"